God of Martial Arts - Vol. 1 Ch. 83.1 - Ba Dao

@keanuboss He'll probably do the usual isekai thing where he buys the slave and then frees them, and then the ex-slave decides to follow the MC anyway.

I can never understand people who complain about characters like this taking in slaves. Systematic slavery is a serious moral issue, but refusing to take part in that system does nothing for the people that are actively being victimized. Until he's presented with an actual choice that could weaken the system, he can only take them in himself or trust others to treat those people better than he would, and from what we've seen of this world that's an abysmally stupid thing to trust others to do.

Double-page supporter
@EmptyNight THIS! I can understand why people hate slavery and i dont need to be black/African to know why even if i am but not participating and ignoring doesn't change the reality. I prefer two type of MCs, the ones who buy slaves to eventually free them which they usually always do unless its some anti-hero MC or work to abolish it.

What bothers me is, how the heck someone that strong end up as a slave? Like seriously, even if someone can buy it he needs to be stronger than him to keep him in check, but what would be the point than?

@Lycanka Probably by pissing off someone so powerful that no matter who your actual owner was, if you rebeled against that owner said powerful person would come hunt you down. Also, slaves can prob earn you money in the arena. And buying muscle to strengthen your own private army is definitely useful no matter how powerful you are as an individual.

Double-page supporter
Bringing a new waifu home, gotta have a dude so that your current women don't get too upset

@degenerateafro
Who says Lin Feng won't keep that guy all for himself, we haven't seen him be interested in girls before, we've only seen the girls do that. But that doesn't mean he like/doesn't girls

Huh, Ba Dao has hair. I imagined him to be a baldy. Not to mention the serving girl doesn't look entirely as I imagined, she looks too plain and generic.

Users who are viewing this thread