Gohan no Otomo

M_Y

@MilkDrinker
I've tried tamagoyaki, and honestly don't know what you're talking about... Why is it fish flavoured?
Oh, maybe you tried the dashimaki tamago? I mean, it's the same but a dashi is added and that's often fish flavoured. There's actually a lot of variations.

Dex-chan lover
@M-Y
It's always has either Dashi fish stock or Kombu kelp stock added in. Otherwise it'd just be a rolled up egg.
It tastes too strong for me even when it's made with Kombu. I somehow tolerate it inside sushi, but it was a big disappointment for me to try it on its own.

Group Leader
@MilkDrinker - Tamagoyaki does not necessarily have to include stock/dashi. I recommend reading https://www.justonecookbook.com/tamagoyaki-japanese-rolled-omelette/ for an explanation of the types of tamagoyaki (scroll down to "What is Tamagoyaki, Atsuyaki Tamago, and Dashimaki Tamago?").

Edited to add: If anyone is interested in making tamagoyaki, you don't have to own a rectangle pan for it! Pick a recipe you want to try and use this technique: https://youtu.be/42doE9UPZsc?t=125 or just search Youtube for "tamagoyaki round pan".

Smiling while holding out tears at the same time after reading every chapters. What a wonderful manga.

This is genuinely one of the most wholesome and adorably drawn mangas I've ever read. It also made me want to go out and buy some groceries to try out the recipes in it. :9 Masterfully translated and just a real feel good story revolving around all types of relationships and food!

Dex-chan lover
I cook for myself three full meals a day now, but I remember reading this when I had just started learning, and the enoki nametake being one of the first recipes I cooked out of a manga (I learned quite a bit from cooking manga, lol). It's really an old and nostalgic favorite!

Users who are viewing this thread