Gokufuri Kyohi Shite Tesaguri Start! Tokka Shinai Healer, Nakama to Wakarete Tabi ni Deru - Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
man, if it was me coughing blood, i would have cast purification like 99 times before even think if it would work haha
The protagonist of this manga tends to overthink things. Which is why he is in the current situation.

Dex-chan lover
What's wrong with eating fungus?

A spear is usually more effective if you actually hit the enemy with it.

A technique against people would be far more advanced than one against monsters, since people are generally much more skilled. It's not so much the technique that's incompatible, but him who's unable to adapt to something much more straightforward.

Bland but strong flavour? Seems like he's used to stronger spices and doesn't have a quite so delicate sense of taste.

Dex-chan lover
So he used fancy wind to clean out his lungs? Wouldn't he have blown out the air in his lungs too? Bro should be desperately gasping for air as if he had none in his lungs after that.

Thank you for picking this up and I hope for more translations. Pretty please? 😇

What I don't understand is the reasoning behind not drinking the medicine(?) frome the fairy. But all is good if it ends good. Let's wait and see. 😎

Dex-chan lover
What's wrong with eating fungus?

I wouldn't blame him for an initial negative reaction. Eating unknown mushrooms is one of the easiest ways to get a deadly dose of poison on Earth. The dwarf recommended it, so it's potentially safe, but at the same time, maybe fantasy world dwarves can eat some things humans can't.

A technique against people would be far more advanced than one against monsters, since people are generally much more skilled. It's not so much the technique that's incompatible, but him who's unable to adapt to something much more straightforward.

A big part of martial arts would be to read and predict your opponent's moves. Reading a human opponent's moves is vastly different from reading a monster's moves (unless it's a humanoid, intelligent monster). Furthermore, all of your trained reactions could be worthless if the monster opponent moves in ways utterly unlike a human would move. On Earth, simply being left-handed was a big plus. For the majority, that is, right-handed, most opponents would also be right-handed. However, for a left-handed person, most opponents would still be right-handed. That's just statistics. So, most of the time a left-handed person would be fighting against those he's the most familiar with, whereas a right-handed encountering a left-handed opponent would face a bit bigger challenge, statistically. Change it to an animal/monster, and it would be even more out of ordinary.

Dex-chan lover
The dwarf recommended it, so it's potentially safe, but at the same time, maybe fantasy world dwarves can eat some things humans can't.
That's the thing. He did recommend it, and if dwarves can eat what humans can't, that dwarf seems too knowledgeable to miss something like that.

A big part of martial arts would be to read and predict your opponent's moves. Reading a human opponent's moves is vastly different from reading a monster's moves (unless it's a humanoid, intelligent monster). Furthermore, all of your trained reactions could be worthless if the monster opponent moves in ways utterly unlike a human would move.
That's what I meant by being unable to adapt, rather than it being an inherent weakness in the system. It's not his technique that's failing; it's his mastery of the technique in a situation he's not used to.

On Earth, simply being left-handed was a big plus.
I experienced that playing floorball, where being a righty is rarer than a lefty (although I am right handed). And in face-offs it can be a mechanical advantage. I had fun one game with home advantage (getting to choose side of the ball for face-off), where I'd pick backhand against another righty, and forehand against a lefty. I was so used doing it backhand because most centers are lefties that I'd prefer that against another righty. They kept switching players until the ref told them to stop.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. They showed that he is a lot stronger than all of them.
Either that or he has some ancient, more efficient spells.

Users who are viewing this thread