Gokusen - Vol. 15 Ch. 147 - The Confession

Dex-chan lover
I almost never like teacher/student relationships in manga because they're written so weirdly, but Gokusen has me rooting for Shin and Kumiko every time.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I think the problem with a lot of the other teacher/student relationships might be the tension and pacing. You know going in that they have at least x amount of time before their relationship can be even remotely acceptable, but they're always pulling the same shenanigans as normal romances. If they're not straight up going to cross the line, you tend to know it, and it makes it feel like a waste of time watching them inch their toes towards that line and pull away repeatedly. On the other hand the romance in this one was such a slow burn that by the time either of them even confessed, it was in safe waters. They're just at the starting line now, after having gotten close like good friends or even comrades first. The romance here may have actually benefited a bit from not being the primary focus and just being a subplot.

Dex-chan lover
It's great that the end of the series is the start of their relationship. Gokusen was really fun.

Group Leader
dang, I know there are a couple of extras with the new class, but I would love to read a whole 'nother 15 or whatever volumes about her coaching a new class with new problems, winning them over, navigating her relationship with shin, seeing shin deal with university and his dad, and seeing shin become even more ingrained in the kuroda family. This series is too good!

Users who are viewing this thread