Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband (Fan Colored) - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - (fan-coloured)

Group Leader
@Tarage you are absolutely right?
@Pokari I agree with you sadly I did color 7 chapters.
@redsea yep that's absolutely what happened but I decided to share my work and my progress with you.

Aggregator gang
"Coloring book" is a fairly accurate description imo. Most of the backgrounds aren't even colored in. The skin has no variation in color, even painted dolls have blush on them to avoid looking completely fake. The flat coloring legitimately distracts from the excellent art, this shouldn't be uploaded here.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like this is violating the rules, specifically "Duplicate releases are not allowed" and "if you are not part of the scanlation group, do not alter the release you are uploading by any means". The scans itself are clearly those of S.A.D., but they were colored in and the credit page was changed. If these colorings were done with specific permission from S.A.D. it should be credited as such. If not - well, this would be all kinds of bad.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't think this should be here.
It borderline infringes rules 2.32 or 2.3.3, and I'd argue 2.3.5 and 1.1 too.
It's not mentioned explicitly in the rules, but given there is no new translation or editing effort, and deliberate tampering with the art of the manga, I'd say it should be taken down.

Fed-Kun's army
@morooster amazing how "not being allowed to break the rules" is reinterpreted as "elitism". Guess we should just remove the rules entirely, what purpose do they even serve. /s

THIS FEELS SO WRONG. I HATE THIS. This manga has beautiful graphic art that never meant to be colored! STOP.

It violates upload guideline 3.2.3 too.
There's no rule prohibiting it YET, but I don't feel that fan edits like this one that go beyond simply translating text and cleaning up scanned images regardless of quality, should be allowed here in the first place.

Group Leader
"2.3.2 Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws."

@emmypacer "as long as there is a significant difference from the source release"
@AkiTooru
@SuppeBargeld
@donyadon
@SuppeBargeld

Group Leader
@abdellbobo I feel sorry about all this hate you are suffering. I hope you don't regret of continuing your work because of some comments. Sure, you did apply a multiply layer, but that's how professional painting works too. You just need to train more to add shadows, highlights, (dodge tool is good for that) and try to improve the colors by using the colors which the author used in his pages.

Dex-chan lover
@Filipe
"2.3.2 Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws."
It's not using the script from S.A.D, it's using the released chapter itself, with fanart on top of it. (And without permission too, from the looks of it)
There's no new translation, typesetting, editing or higher quality raws. Only fanart. And this is not a place for fanart.
"3.2.3 Otherwise, if you are not part of the scanlation group, do not alter the release you are uploading by any means such as removing, editing, or adding pages."

Dex-chan lover
@Filipe
"Such as" isn't a free pass to do whatever you want.
It also doesn't change any of my points. This is S.A.D's release with a coat of fanart on top of it. It wasn't the script that was used as a base, it was the entire release. And that's not covered by that "such as".

Group Leader
The original scanlator is okay with it.
The mangadex mods are okay with it.
Most people are okay with it.
I'm okay with it.
The person that painted it is okay with it.
Who are you arguing for and against? @AkiTooru

Dex-chan lover
"The original scanlator is okay with it.
The mangadex mods are okay with it."
Source please.

"Most people are okay with it"
Have you even read half the comments on these chapters?

"I'm okay with it.
The person that painted it is okay with it."
Why would I care?

I just stated my opinion on this, I don't think fan-colourings should be on this site. It's a perversion of the original artwork and, at least previously, was misleading people about its nature (with "coloring" instead of "fan-colouring"). But I'm fine with whatever the mods eventually decide, as long as it's well regulated.
You started defending this gray-area release out of nowhere, waving around omissions on the rules as if they legitimized this. I could ask you the same, who are you arguing for and against? @Filipe

Group Leader
@AkiTooru
Just come to the mangadex discord and talk with the scanlators maybe instead of pretending you have any information with the matter?
And about 10-15 people complained out of thousands who read the chapters (both colour and normal) so yeah "Most people are okay with it." is correct.

Dex-chan lover
@Filipe
I didn't pretend anything, I asked for a source for your quotes.
I'm also basing myself on the current rules, which is about the most official information at the moment. They don't adress this directly, and could very well be interpreted as not allowing this kind of content on the site.

And these thousands of people who read the chapter include people that clicked on it thinking it was a new chapter, only to find out this, and people who were decieved by the title and thought this was an official color version, and people who just didn't bother to complain. You can't just assume things about people just because they didn't say anything.

I'm gonna end my participation on this discussion here, as all you've done is nitpicking and using the "people are ok with it" argument. Not one compelling argument as to why fanart should be allowed in the site.

Users who are viewing this thread