Golden Boy

Oh how I love this manga. And when I saw it as the OVA, amazing. I want to thank the english dub for making such a good one to watch, especially Kentarou, The Motherfuckin' Golden Boy!

Dex-chan lover
I don't see how people could rate this so low. It's comedy gold.

If you came here after watching OVA,stop, you already saw everything good this manga had to offer,dont read it because as I said OVA covered the best part,but if you still want to read it that much, well you can read till 4 vol.,after that just pretend that manga suddenly and abruptly ended.

Dex-chan lover
wow i remember watching the ovas of this series and then now finally reading the manga...

all i can say is what the fuck happened to this series it just seems like after everything that was shown in the ova its like it became a whole other series and just got really bad smh this reminds me of how i felt about "video girl ai" i loved the ova that came out then finally got to reading the manga and then ended up fucking hating everything that came after ...

honestly if you seen the ova dont even bother with the rest of this i mean i cant tell you what to do but my god is the rest of this series just trash

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this went from 100 to 0 in an astonishing manner.

The worst thing is how the end just left us blue balled. Like, what the fuck happened in the end?

Wow.... so glad I skipped to the end.... that was a fuc’d up crazy steep cliffhanger that I would never want to waste my time on.

Group Leader
Lmao, world is messed up by my fellow zoomers. Suit yourself, zoomers.

You reap what you sow

PS. Removing yuri tag is a thing, but removing smut tag? Wow, that's beyond me.

Fed-Kun's army
Ahhh I remember this manga, I lost a few brain cells while reading the fucked up parts

This started out good but just got worse and worse and worse. I rarely drop manga but this deserved to be dropped. It goes from wacky, light-hearted ecchi comedy to scat play and BDSM and terrible, evil characters.

I absolutely loved the OVA, still have fond memories of coming back from my workout on a Friday night and catching an episode of Goldenboy to chill and laugh. Had Kintarou as my avatar pic for years on various boards, loved his simple philosophy of trying and learning from everything.

Well, and then there’s the manga. The first few chapters are enough to capture that feeling. But as soon as you read the name „Kongouji“, it‘s okay to just let it be. Shit gets weird at that point, and not even in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread