Golden Kamuy - Vol. 15 Ch. 150 - Remains

Double-page supporter
I nicknamed this chapter, the Golden Kamuy's Rashomon chapter.

I'm also confused. Is she dead?

I'm not sure but I'm leaning forward yes only because if Tsurumi told him that he got his man, Tsukishima would accept his execution knowing that he justifiably killed his father. So he lied to Tsukishima and exhumed her body so that the villagers would think that Tsukishima was justified in killing his father. That's the best I could come up with.

And by "fiction" I think they mean it's a story/show he put on to make it more believable.

But on the other hand, if she really went to Tokyo, who's bones did Tsurumi dig up?

Double-page supporter
I think the point of this story is that we don't know whether she's alive or not. How much of what Tsurumi said was true, and how much was a lie? I'm sure Tsukishima would like to believe that she's alive, but that could very well be another lie.

Think the point of this chapter is to show just how clandestine our intelligence officer really is

Dex-chan lover
This chapter *is* confusing, but the takeaway from it is less the actual status of the woman Tsukishima loved, and moreso to show how deep Tsurumi's influence and willingness to manipulate the men around him is. The man from Sado either wasn't from Sado, or he was, but he was placed by Tsurumi either way, in order to get what he needed, and continues to need, out of Tsukishima. A man so loyal that he's willing to go to any length for him. A perfect second-in-command.

You can sort of see on tsukishima's expression when he says 'Oh... Is that so?' that he now is sure that she is dead. Whether killed by his fathers hand, or (my own personal belief) by Tsurumi/Tsurumi's men. To Tsukishima, he now realizes how far Tsurumi is willing to go in order to get what he wants, and Tsukishima resigns himself to that. He is Tsurumi's property, since he truly has nothing left to live for except for Tsurumi. And thats EXACTLY what Tsurumi wanted to happen. Maybe not exactly in the way that it did, but thats the spice of life for ya. You can never 100% predict what will happen.

Dex-chan lover
This whole 2 chapters is just a Tsurumi's test to see whether Tsukishima willing to die for him, damn.

Users who are viewing this thread