Golden Kamuy - Vol. 19 Ch. 185 - Reunion

Why do people think ogata suddenly cares about asirpa at all? Because he said hinna hinna a couple of times? He killed his own brother and father in cold blood. I literally have no idea what he wants.

Double-page supporter
I agree with talltales. Ogata is a sociopath, and nothing guarantees he truly cares about our young heroine. We don't even know his real motivations for being part of this goose hunt.

Dex-chan lover
tbh, all i hope for is that Asirpa gonna drop Ogata when she realizes that he shot Sugimoto and her dad, just PLEASE don't pull some cliche generic bullshit as ''she sees some good in him''

vhs

ogata knows he's about to get his ass beat, which is incredibly satisfying after all this time. life is good again

Double-page supporter
Well with an epithet like "the Immortal" you can't really say it's a surprise or act like you made an amazing prediction.

Fed-Kun's army
ohoho another shot at trying to kill an immortal.
He's like challenge accepted

VIP
ogata, you are fucked up now!

also, it's now more obvious he is not from small fiction... i place my bet on meiji government, or even russian side...

yeah, Ogata deserve to die..
Man who kill his brother that trusting him at his back is just the worst kind of man..
worst than Anehata Shiton who fuck a fucking bear..

I think Ogata has been working for the Feds the entire time. He was assigned to infiltrate Lt. Tsurumi's faction to determine the location of the gold and prevent the fractioning of the country over it. When his position became untenable he switched sides. He's been providing information about all of the factions and major players.

I do think Ogata really likes Asirpa and sees a lot of parallels between the two of them. Both orphans with questionable fathers and close connections to their grandparents; I think he is trying to give her a choice away from all this crazy that he wishes someone had given his younger self.

That being said if I had to badly explain this series to someone it would be "Indigenous girl and her merry band of psychos go on a treasure hunt" and IMO Ogata is both best boi and the biggest psycho. Of the murders of his family members his brother's is the most chilling as it seems like is was done out of pure spite. With his mother is seemed like it was a mercy to both her and the rest of her family while his father's seemed to be based on vengeance. I think he was already working with the Feds at the time and also used it to gain Tsurumi's trust.

I just wonder about the identity of his chain of command. I would be so pleased if Noda brought in the other well known and still living shinsegumi member, who had worked for the Meji government and had assignments in Hokkaido. It would bring things full circle with Hijikata very nicely as well, which seems like Noda's style after we found out about Tsurumi's undercover work.

Anyways that was a lot! I've been following this series for a long time and this chapter was the one that caused me to delurk. Can't wait to see how things go down in the next one! :)

Banned
Good thing the hat covers up the metal plate on Sugimoto's head. If Ogata could see that his shot actually had a permanent detrimental effect on Sugimoto, it would only encourage him.

Users who are viewing this thread