Golden Kamuy - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Howling

Fed-Kun's army
@Buyobae Google-sensei can help us, luckily:
Mr. Sugimoto,
Ashirpa is my most important person.
I ask you to please be with her forever.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/418lzh/disc_golden_kamui_ch_14/

Banned
The food scenes where Sukimoto has to eat freaky shit are always funny...

.... but yeah... um.... having a name for a forked stick for waving outside windows to scare children... is retarded. Genuinely, completely and utterfly fucking retarded.

Yeah. Ainu clothing is awesome. But I'm starting to think between rubbing food on the backs of their necks and having special scaring sticks that a lot of them might have been kinda... brain-damaged.

@SotiCoto , it's tribal tradition my friend.
A lot of tribal traditions that doesn't make sense at the present might've been relevant and useful in the past, but hundreds of years of constant use and modifications might've altered its original form and purpose to the point that it's unrecognizable from its original form.
Just like what Asirpa said in the previous chapter regarding bear cub sacrifice. there's meaning behind every tradition.

The food scenes where Sukimoto has to eat freaky shit are always funny...

.... but yeah... um.... having a name for a forked stick for waving outside windows to scare children... is retarded. Genuinely, completely and utterfly fucking retarded.

Yeah. Ainu clothing is awesome. But I'm starting to think between rubbing food on the backs of their necks and having special scaring sticks that a lot of them might have been kinda... brain-damaged.
To be fair they're kids and pretty much everything in the dark can be spooky. The only thing that I don't understand is why do the kids gets scared if they know someone will scare them already.

Users who are viewing this thread