Golden Kamuy - Vol. 22 Ch. 219 - Master Heita

@dizzydazzle or maybe mercury poisoning? Both can appear as whitish metals, especially mercury salts. Even the short exposure could explain why Sugimoto and Shiraishi are both seeing the bear. Either way, I get the impression that it's actually Heita, but whatever the fuck is going on its creepy awesome.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translations!! You guys consistently have one of the best translations I've seen in any manga!

Dex-chan lover
i didnt get the "It's back, but i threw it away" that came from Noriko... what was she refering to?

Fed-Kun's army
Me neither... I wonder if it's got something to do with this mistery, or it's just a translation issue.

Dex-chan lover
Golden kamuy is every genre and every genre is golden kamuy

It's getting creepier and creepier...

I actually want to see the finished drawing... maybe Vasily's picture have a truth in it.

Page 13
That Taka guy looks like Ogata when he signalize the binoculars.

@betsybugaboo

That's a good point. Asirpa did say the water was polluted because of the gold panners. Mercury rather than lead poisoning is a possibility. It just feels that everyone that's been in the water seems a little crazy.

Dex-chan lover
I'm having a hard time parsing what's going on here. People keep wandering away from the river and doing shit in the forest, but why? There's supposed to be a bear, why is anybody going out of eyeshot of the group panning for gold? Idk it's just hard to follow because the tight paneling implies close distances and short times, but given the actual content of the chapter that can't be the case.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but 'neko' is also a slang term for the submissive partner in a homosexual relationship, similar to "catcher" and "bottom" in English.
Just an interesting parallel.

@pdonk
There's supposed to be a bear, why is anybody going out of eyeshot of the group panning for gold?
Asirpa said theres no signs of the bears having left their dens so the panning group is probably lying. Theyre most likely responsible for all the deaths attributed to the bear. They probably killed some ainu who were hunting bears in the area at some point too, stole that tobacco case and now heita is going round wearing one of their bear skins mentioned in previous chapters.
He's probably gone even more nuts as the possible mercury poisoning that everyone else has mentioned has worsened, and has now turned on his family
x7.png

Dex-chan lover
@StealthAria Huh? I thought the slang terms for them would be "uke" and "seme" from what I heard from the fujoshi, while "neko" has been used for prostitutes, a past chapter of Golden Kamuy mentioned that and I read about that in another manga too.

Users who are viewing this thread