Golden Kamuy - Vol. 23 Ch. 231 - Birth

Congratuliations to the new parents.
I hope everything will be okay for them and the little one

Dex-chan lover
You know, I’m surprised that Edogai’s death weighed that heavily on Tsukishima’s mind.

@Big_Boss
Yeah, that’s one of the more enjoyable aspects of this story for me. And I super appreciate how EHS do the last pages filled with notes explaining all these tidbits. I love it.

Double-page supporter
In the end Koito still chose to stay with Tsurumi though. Tsurumi's plan won't end well because of history.

@Jinnamonrolls What with all the gay shipping , it is annoying as hell. I already stay away from Tumblr to avoid all that nonsense. Tsukishima is still in love with Igogusa and he just wanted to kill Koito. If wanting to kill someone = love then people need to get their heads checked. Koito is the only son so he needs to get a wife to continue the bloodline anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Koito saved the day. Congratulations to Inkarmat and Tanigaki.

@everydayheroes Hucci is applying counter pressure on the soft tissue so that it can stretch properly so that Inkaramat doesn't tear while giving birth. If these principle were applied in Western hospitals, that would reduce complications in birth and save women from a whole lot of discomfort in post partum recuperation.

And tumbling the mortar is a great way to keep the guys' nervous energy under control 😝

Dex-chan lover
This chapter has EVERYTHING that I love about Golden Kamuy. The tension and drama, the backstory and motivations of Tsukishima and Koito, the absolute comedy of the three soldiers having to help out with the childbirth, and most importantly, the delivery of Ainu culture and history. Perfect chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow I didn't expect to be right about safe baby delivery. Congrats to the new parents, I hope things work well for them.

I also didn't expect Tsukishima would care about the death of the skin guy.

Koito outta here saving the day again, bless him.

Tsukishima's face at page 12 broke me tho.

Glad the birth was safe.

Dex-chan lover
Once again the author builds up a tense scene that will decide the fate of the characters and promptly throws it out the window right at the pivotal moment for a few more Ainu encyclopedia notes that could've waited.
Ienaga just died, Tsukishima was about to get some closure on his past, and Tsurumi is mysteriously nowhere to be found. Come on.

Now Inkarmat has to avoid postpuerperal fever, one of the top reasons childbirth has historically been so dangerous.

I thought Igogusa's fate would be one of those "unsolved case" that let the readers intepret freely. I'm glad Noda-sensei choose to elaborate though.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to everyone already saying what's so so good of this chapter, once again it's enough with just sayin...what a golden chapter! Perfect

I'm guessing that the "wolves" Tsurumi is so proud of having manipulated into licking his boots are actually going to turn on him...

Users who are viewing this thread