Golden Kamuy - Vol. 28 Ch. 272 - Ipopte

Group Leader
Noda should take the stop making me have mental breakdowns every week challenge

images_1.jpeg

Double-page supporter
Tsukishima, I love you all the time but I hate you this time 😭😭😭

Aggregator gang
NODA CAN YOU STOP KILLING ALL THE CHARACTERS I LIKE???? Fucks sake, first pirate now Ariko.

He didn't deserve that, fuck

Dex-chan lover
Oof, it hurts even more knowing that while Kikuta was guilt tripping Ariko for his betrayal, Kikuta was hiding his guilt over his role in the death of Ariko's dad. That line about the moon always gets me.

On the plus side, Kikuta's going to get more backstory.

Tsukishima's eyes towards the end have me recoiling in utter disbelief. They were no longer the former phlegmatic eyes that just blindly believed in Tsurumi out of guilt but the kind that burned with a resolute faith in the shred of justice he found in Tsurumi's goals. A passion so fierce that he didn't even bat an eye walking past Kikuta after severing a deep bond, forged by bleeding and dying in the same dim trenches while talking about hopes and dreams, right before Kikuta's very eyes. It's a weird kind of sadness since it's nice to see Tsukishima finally resolve himself rather than wallowing in doubt but I can't see it ending well for him since those self same noble goals were being professed by a madman.

It hits extra hard after seeing him lamenting over the death of his father and his family's tradition and his regrets to then seeing him being executed in the street. Something about all that build up just cuts deeper man..

Tsurumi, scary as usual with how driven he is and the incredibly hilariously morbid dark humor of Sofia hulking out and running around while wearing Wilk's face. Great stuff as always.

Dex-chan lover
it's interesting to note how the 7th division calls Ariko by his full Japanese name, while Asirpa's group all call him Ariko Ipopte. Considering Tsurumi's spiel about national unity and the Ainu people, it's pretty telling.

Users who are viewing this thread