Golden Kamuy - Vol. 28 Ch. 272 - Ipopte

I liked Ariko a lot.
At first he is becoming a sacrificial pawn by Hijikata, then threatened to become double agent by Tsurumi, but at then end he choose to become an ally to Asirpa..
hope Asirpa is fine after reuniting with Sugimoto

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is connected to each other somehow, like a spider's web of relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Why did Tsukishima have to be so loyal and competent? It rate to see one of the bad guys who gets things done that swiftly m. RIP Ariko, they couldn't have saved Asripa if it weren't for him, but now Tsurumi got what he wanted

@kii95:
Do you guys think that, the Tsukishima we see now would kill Koito if Tsurumi ordered him to?
I think that's the only thing that could break the stranglehold Tsurumi has on Tsukishima, actually. not too long ago (maybe a few hours ago in-story), he was willing to compromise a mission in favor of saving Koito; I don't think we're meant to see that as a passing whim. but who knows with Tsukishima.

@terriblyuncute that is the thing that gives me the most hope, because the bond that he has with Koito is genuinely true while with Tsurumi he is just being manipulated (and he is well aware of that too).

However, as we saw from that last panel Tsukishima has now renewed faith in Tsurumi and went back to the same man we saw in the first chapters, killing on his orders without any hesitation.

I'm a bit sad to see this develpment on him, to be honest (since I like him), but I understand that, after Usami died, Tsurumi is lacking true followers around him so somebody has to have his back and it falls on Tsukishima - just like Tsurumi planned from the very beginning mind you.

At this point I don't see any redemption for his character and I'm just hoping my boy Koito will make out of this mess alive.

I noticed how Koito didn't shoot at Ariko (even though he only had a pistol)... wonder what path Kikuta will take now?

Dex-chan lover
RIP Ipopte. ;_;

Tsukishima was already the sort of contemptible bastard who'd hunt down a pregnant woman, so I can't say I'm surprised by this development, but I'm still disappointed. Hopefully following Tsurumi's vision won't leard Koito to abandon his humanity as well.

Can somebody remind me of the vagrant boy - Mister Kikuta angle? I feel like I almost remember what it refers to but somehow can't make out what actually happened in their past.

Users who are viewing this thread