Goodbye, In-law! - Ch. 40

Both sides are valid in this argument, it would be better if they compromise and use MC’s idea as a backup because if they do fail to separate them what choice do they have.

Dex-chan lover
I understand both sides and their subsequent actions. But I hope they can eventually sit together and revisit Da-ae's idea. They did theorize very early in the story that there seems to be another independent actor that's caused deviation in jung mirim's side-- they should revisit that.

@Maala quote: "... Is it excessive? You know your brother who you also see as a parent figure will die and you realized you can not do anything to avoid it.

In these cases your first reaction is not "what would Jesus do?", but be really fucking upset about it, like how Han-eol is. Too bad Da-ae got swept up in this first initial anger, but it's also good they have been through this once before, so she won't just leave him be like in a real situation it would (most likely) happen.

... did you already memorize some old winning lottery number combination in case you went back in time? If not, stop being a hypocrite. :) This story is not focusing on that part of time travel.

I wasn't necessarily stating memorizing old winning lottery number combination but some easily remembered sports games which you can wager on (like a lot of sports upsets outcome, that's assuming you're a sports fan) combined with investments towards known stocks which you may have doubted in the past but will most likely stay the same. Of course I shouldn't say that these wagers will stay the same or how much the stock prices may fluctuate with the influx of money from winning gambling wages (not an accountant but if I went back in time I would change my major to that as well instead of engineering).

https://y94hb22zhw4b0.wedsc2ep7vtjw.mangadex.network/KgamdFHqRcRqasajzJd0qNiAXSnp_kmUiYbiavRDktKATE9FpOxT-zDh_cxspuL0OchEsVGB-RzE4sm9pksCrHyDXv_g2UwMnxrAiLYkDqbtkOWlTNC9GP3gjLtFnufc0Of6dKrAaGRLbLUZgeeAGL2hVHBAdOnuDhCFjtSmvL3QG8GcZieNQl6b3vAdSKklGsT9ObfncSdS_XicJes_2J3YKQ/data/11687593240eae9132b3f5c9c38ea6c6/x22.jpg

and

https://y94hb22zhw4b0.wedsc2ep7vtjw.mangadex.network/KgamdFHqRcRqasajzJd0qNiAXSnp_kmUiYbiavRDktKATE9FpOxT-zDh_cxspuL0OchEsVGB-RzE4sm9pksCrHyDXv_g2UwMnxrAiLYkDqbtkOWlTNC9GP3gjLtFnufc0Of6dKrAaGRLbLUZgeeAGL2hVHBAdOnuDhCFjtSmvL3QG8GcZieNQl6b3vAdSKklGsT9ObfncSdS_XicJes_2J3YKQ/data/11687593240eae9132b3f5c9c38ea6c6/x23.jpg

@Maru_1 quote: "...Although I think changing the date is a good idea, isn't the premise about how to change fate? It is implied that as fate draws the two together, it will also ultimately be their doom. That is why Da-ae and Han-eol are struggling, and recent events are making it more stressful because they understand how fate is almost impossible to break. For your other point about investing in the stock or making money quick, I think this story excels in that it is extremely realistic and slow-paced. It's obvious that the story isn't about how the main characters become the most powerful in the world or become imposing figureheads of society, it's just a story about two people trying to avoid fate. Also, it's kinda obvious that you've been reading a ton of TRK or some Chinese/Korean power fantasy. Please just take in the subtle qualities and beauties of this story before you become obsessed over unrealistic and choppy storylines that give a false sense of reality.

Part of their problem with changing fate is having the resources to make it possible, ie lack of money (money is a form of power). While I think they can't ever change fate in it's entirety they can actually influence and shift the outcome to a possible delay (for example they delayed when they hooked up, they delayed a few future hookups using the elder sister's diary) for example if they had an interest that they can gamble on (like sports, assuming he's a fan one he'd know the outcome to many of the games) which would allow them to have the cash to maybe take out the elder brother/sister to locations to delay the inevitable longer (he takes his brother to a restaurant today, she takes out the sister the next for example). After the two hooks up they could then focus of diverting the time of the wedding, hiring a limo (better yet a wedding bus since a bus would withstand a crash better), or gifting them with a wedding/honeymoon on a better date (like the day before if the weather was accommodating). I don't consider my thought process to be unrealistic, but I think anyone would try to use whatever resources and knowledge they had available to save a loved one. I also wouldn't blame anyone travelling to past to take advantage of every situation for self improvement as well.

PS: I haven't read a ton of those kinds of mangas/manwhas/novels you mentioned but like most of us have seen way too much sci-fi about time travelling and what can possibly be done if it was possible. The problem with time travel scenarios is it's already pure fantasy that we all try to limit to what we all consider "realistic". In a way they have changed a ton of fate for example younger sister stays in school instead going to another like in the past, the girl who had a crush on the younger brother got exposed to him on what type of girl she really was, etc. Time travel is always about can fate be changed,
especially due to tragedy, and about how the protagonists goes about it and if the author allows it.

4-f81bbbd44978eb3130cd1541be73e52cac46efea521a3c184fef6872fca92e57.jpg
[/img]

Dex-chan lover
@Maala
I know where you're getting at but they've been back for like several months now and nothing seems to be working? I'm not saying they should stop, but to go a different route like Da-ae suggests. What's excessive to me isn't that he's mad (or wants to save his brother), but the obsession on stopping the relationship as the only means to the end. I guess if it was me I'd just be discouraged by all my plans failing...

Wow, this story is so good. I love how though even though they’re in a relationship now, the situation continues to test that relationship and bring out their difference in character. She more considerate of others and a bit more willing to let go, where he‘s more a control freak and wants everything to go a certain way, even though so much has changed. Their chemistry is still so amazing. This is good stuff,

Interesting comment section and chapter. Haneol is being a narrow-minded but I mean the pressure must be a lot.

Aggregator gang
I get both POV. I agree more with FMC tho, because clearly their current plan isn't working at all. A new strategy is in order

do they not realize that it's okay for their siblings to get together and all they have to do is prevent their deaths (so make sure they have a different wedding day or they don't leave for the honeymoon right after the wedding)

Damn, he needs to learn to actually discuss and think properly to determine whether or not that solution is right, instead of just thinking he's right and ending the discussion. Even if he is right, he should at least try to explain more and have a proper discussion without just leaving like that.

@XenonXYZ, i completely agree with you. If he isn't willing to explain his side as much as she did, then of course she woulnd understand his point. Although it is uncertain whether either of them is in the right/wrong, they should at least discuss it, and privately at that.

Users who are viewing this thread