Goodbye, My Rose Garden - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Chaos! The cocoon breaks

Dex-chan lover
"I'm not forcing her. If Alice wants to break the engagement, I won't stop her." This more than anything else, just goes to show how this guy is either incredibly evil, or incredibly stupid. That's like telling someone with a gun pointed at their head, "Oh, sure. You don't need to sign the papers I'm telling you to sign."

If you haven't met guys like that in real life, then count yourself fortunate. That's what happens when people are uncritically given social power.

This guy's pretty stupid because if he does marry her and hanako doesn't leave he hurts his reputation as much as the family of his betrothed....

@Lilliwyt
Well yeah, you got a point I was just kind of angry after reading the chapter. But he doesn't give Alice much choice either, that's why I said he was threatening her, and he did say that if Hanako doesn't leave, he will expose Alice, that's why I said it.
And Edward is really weird, that thing about "not leaving Alice to anyone else" is so extreme to the point of being capable of revealing everything, I don't get that way of thinking so in my eyes that's more obsession than love, and if he hasn't said anything yet if because the only chance he's got to be with Alice is while she's alive or out of prison

Anyway glad to read your opinion cuz is very good and you do have a point

He's not in love with Alice, he's obsessed, he likes the idea of having her but doesn't consider her true nature.

I really hope Hanako manages to kidnap Alice and take her back to Japan, even if they both have to "marry" gay men. I looked it up, and that was a thing.

Dex-chan lover
People here are making a surface-reading of Edward. Perhaps that reading is correct. But, if that surface reading is correct, then his purpose was not served by his promise to protect Alice even if she ends their engagement.

So what other purpose might be served by his demanding that Hanako leave?

Users who are viewing this thread