Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 13 Ch. 139

Aggregator gang
This might be the most disturbing chapter in all of manga. It's just so... fucked beyond human comprehension, the way he initially treats Aiko's suicide as if it never happened for the first few hours or so. It seems trivial to him... It sickens me how far gone Punpun and Aiko's lives had gone to shit like that. He's carrying the dead corpse of his lover, something that most manga would never get away with showing nowadays.

Double-page supporter
@YUWIN It has nothing to do with morale. He's in disbelief. I would do the same thing.
Loss takes time to digest, and the bigger the loss, the longer you'll avert your eyes from the truth, until necessity forces to you to accept reality.
When my dog of 13 years died, it took over a year for reality to sink in. To come close to acknowledging his death meant enduring episodes of Depersonalization/Derealization, dizziness, nausea, exhaustion, forgetfulness, and on occasion panic attacks. For the longest time I preferred to forget that I had ever had a dog. I didn't want to remember the blood piss pus and shit that I had stayed up all night and day cleaning as they came out of him in spades. I didn't want to acknowledge that I had lost the only person that I had ever really cared about. The feeling of one clone being switched out for the next persists, as if I'm no more real than the stories I read or write.

Aggregator gang
@Killjoynik That's... exactly what I've been trying to say. I guess the words didn't register right or something as a result of being in a state of temporary shock over the scene. Really nuanced intake on the matter, thank you.

Double-page supporter
This is the worst a manga has ever made me feel. Wow. I really... I really don't have anything to say. Seeing how far these characters have come, and where they've ended up, it breaks my heart to the ends of the earth.

8 chapters left, the final stretch. Terminus just over the horizon.

EYGi2UMU4AA-Y3F

Dex-chan lover
(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)(°ロ°)

Users who are viewing this thread