Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 2 Ch. 21

(I'm reading this manga mostly blind, I just know that it's got disturbing content and is depressing. This chapter review is a little long, sorry about that.)
My dad passed away early this year (Feb. 13th, 2023, to be exact).
I never really had a close connection with him because of very similar circumstances (he struggled with alcoholism and was physically abusive with my mom). However, I couldn't find myself to hate him because I felt that deep down, he never wanted to be that person.
I never got to see him personally in several years, but I would sometimes receive phone calls from him. I couldn't even pick up the phone because hearing his voice would send me into hysterics from the emotions I felt about the whole situation.
I came home after work to my mom getting off the phone and telling me that he passed away, and I felt... numb.
The last time I can really remember seeing him, he had something similar about me seeing him, but I knew I couldn't face him again, it was too hard for me to do so. And now he's gone.
My friend told me to read this manga because he just recently finished it and he didn't wanna be alone in the experience.
I wasn't really bothered by anything until this chapter. It's beautiful writing and art. But damn, this hurts.
...Love you dad, miss you a ton. Hope you're in a better place.

I’m not in the right state of mind right now. The panel with Punpun’s dad saying “I love you” made me ugly cry.

Dex-chan lover
well no more punpun papa who tbh seems to care more about punpun than his mum. Also that scene where the all peeped at the school girls was hilarious especially when the black guy started chasing them

Users who are viewing this thread