Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 7 Ch. 69

Dex-chan lover
I agree that Midori must've sugercoated it or phrased it differently, because rather than get angry with her, the uncle says, "In fact, I love /you/ now more than ever!" as though there had ever been a reason to otherwise. I think they ARE alike in that they face their problems with a pragmatic defeat, or in the Uncle's case just running away altogether, rolling with his life waiting for his wife to "deliver the final blow."

The 'knowing how much you fucked your own life and direly wanting to help prevent even one other person from making similar mistakes' vibe uncle is giving off is hella mood

Oh my god i think i just realized what was meant with that flashback where a younger punpun mama and a way younger uncle where shown at the doctor.

They said multiple times how similar punpun is to his uncle....and that scene where punpun papa says " no matter what happens I'll always be your dad"... I think the uncle is punpuns real father.

Dex-chan lover
Yuichi is still the most relatable character.

Strange to find out he knew about what happened with Midori and Punpun, but I guess being the sort he is he probably figured it was the price to pay for his own failure (which I'm still 100% sure was a set-up to cheat the family out of cash).

Users who are viewing this thread