Gorae Byul - The Gyeongseong Mermaid - Ch. 13 - Human Legs, and... (5/6)

Group Leader
this chapter made me cry so like WE GOTTA TALK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AHHHHHHHH... As one of the characters who was also likened to a fish... Yoonhwa met her end among the kois... Kept captive in a pond for their beauty... oh god oh fuckkk

ALSO the chapter ended with Soo-a's first dialogue in ch 1 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Her world really did revolve around Yoonhwa, but that chapter of her life is over now.

I cannot stress enough how well written this webtoon is. The fact that such careful thoughts was put in the way the story and characters were expressed especially with the metaphors and symbols the author chose for the characters is so beautiful 😭😭😭 oh my god I haven’t felt a heartbreak like this in ages yoonhwa deserves better and soo-a has trauma to face one after the other gosh.

It’s almost disheartening that yoonhwa is compared to a koi fish in a pond (like @hotteokah mentioned) and soo-a’s a fish in the sea when yoonhwa should also be free 😭😭

Thank you so much for the translation!!

I have no words for this chapter.
It's desperately sad, finding your in a place you can't go forward nor back, but it's so well written and executed...
I just wish that the Young Lady didn't had to die 😭😭😭

OMO I didn't expect the chapter's end TT^TT I was hoping for something like Mr. Sunshine esque story with the lady.

Fed-Kun's army
😭 I'm not surprised but damn. Also this webtoon really is beautifully written.

this would be a nice kdrama if they would ever adapt it into one and will stick to it's material 🤧😭😢

Oh my that was heart wrenching 😭😭 though a bit selfish at times , the lady truly did care for Soo A , and she still felt responsible and gave her something for her so Soo A could survive despite thinking of how she wanted to end her life 😭😭

i thought she would join the revolutionaries with sooah... wow

Dex-chan lover
ok i feel horrible for not liking the young lady in earlier chapters.

poor yoon hwa.

this is so fucking well written though.

She didn't face her despair and ruin but ran away from it. No matter how much suicide is romanticised its still a cowardly act. Living is harder than dying.

Users who are viewing this thread