Gorae Byul - The Gyeongseong Mermaid - Ch. 24 - I Cannot Speak (7/9)

No..no.....nooo......damn...this is too sad...he did wat he had to do.m.and she as well...was trying to survive....damn it...

I don't even know what to say. This is all so tragic... 😢

Thank you for the translations though 💕

This is intense

Before i was chanting for him to die but now i kind of dont want him to

Contributor
This is why the eye for an eye philosophy is twisted. With capital punishment, the state takes responsibility for the murder of the criminal but in these situations, while the criminal may feel no remorse for their actions the victim is the one that will inevitably feel responsible for whatever punishment is done to the criminal. Even though most victims would never wish what happened to them on another person.

sie

Telling Soo-a to decide his punishment is so messed.. It just makes her take responsibility for whatever they inevitably decide for themselves as it seems that they're not really interested in what she has to say anyway. Not fair to Soo-a at all... I hate them all lmfao

Wow he actually drunk that? I'm quite surprised, from the very start of this chapter it looked like its going to be another one "forgiveness" plot trope. It goes like this: they let girl decide Haesoo's punishment, but despite all the hard feeling she's too kind to actually let him die, and she chooses to forgive/forget. Trope is usually used to show how kind and forgiving MC is. After they announced that Soo-a will stay with them for a year, i had little doubts it would end up exactly like that. I mean would you stay responsible for death of one of organisation members, if you'd up to stay in said organisation's care? Such punishment delegation was very unfair on their part because of that.
But in fact it turned out even more bizzare: they made her choose punishment, and then didn't even ask her opinion and Haesoo just decided what he's gonna do alone... Now they effectively removed her from all the decision making, but guilt for all this would fall on Soo-a anyway. WTF?
P.S. I still think that Soo-a would try to stop or save Haesoo because we didn't see explicitly what happens next.

Mnx

Thanks for the update!!!!
The intense is killing meeeeee
Sooo- aaa!!! What will you do????

She already tried to kill him as revenge- don’t be upset know girl, kill him and get on with it- or move on.
The lives of all the other Korean’ citizens are at stake. While I feel pity for the girl, the mass genocide/and rape genocide that was happening in Korea is far worst..i don't think the story has covered the worst of it yet. Though it defiantly more real and personality to see individual be forced to make hard choices.

Dex-chan lover
bro hae soo just apologize as a person don't do this martyr shit

He didn’t really let her answer tho...?

It was more like:
Should I drink it? Yes? Ok bring it here.

But she was just startled and didn’t really say anything

I'm literally so mad. He didn't actually give her a chance to answer, and then he insists on making himself a martyr.

Users who are viewing this thread