Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival! - Vol. 6 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
Killing a lot of people doesn’t immediately make it a war crime. There were no civilians involved, and as far as I can tell it was not in violation regarding booby trap regulations, making this “just” an act of war, and not a war crime.
And that's even before considering the fact that their laws and conventions of war are not our laws and conventions of war, either.

This excerpt from the UN on the "Protocol on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Mines, Booby-Traps and Other Devices as amended on 3 May 1996" (jesus that's a mouthful) actually explicitly clears what was done here as being completely above-boardby our standards, as it is both involving a military asset and part of an international conflict. Even the conventions involving explosives deals specifically with "remnants of war" and protecting civilians, not the use of explosives during wartime against armed combatants.

Dex-chan lover
And that's even before considering the fact that their laws and conventions of war are not our laws and conventions of war, either.

This excerpt from the UN on the "Protocol on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Mines, Booby-Traps and Other Devices as amended on 3 May 1996" (jesus that's a mouthful) actually explicitly clears what was done here as being completely above-board by our standards, as it is both involving a military asset and part of an international conflict. Even the conventions involving explosives deals specifically with "remnants of war" and protecting civilians, not the use of explosives during wartime against armed combatants.
Sure, "by our standards". If you take into account the fact that the scale of the explosion is far beyond what the people native to this world are capable of doing on their own, it really feels this reverse Trojan horse would be condemned in-universe as a war crime by anyone not on Oppenheimer-kun's side. Unless this world doesn't have a concept of war crimes, which they probably don't, judging from humanity's treatment of the demihumans.

Dex-chan lover
Also IIRC the 10,000 kill achievement is taking lives (i.e. Gizmas from their base defense count)
Thanks for that clarification, I was wondering why he said 3000 when he had a 10,000 "people" achievement too (implying he killed 7,000 people aside from this attack, if those were actually people and not just any lives).

Dex-chan lover
Sure, "by our standards". If you take into account the fact that the scale of the explosion is far beyond what the people native to this world are capable of doing on their own, it really feels this reverse Trojan horse would be condemned in-universe as a war crime by anyone not on Oppenheimer-kun's side. Unless this world doesn't have a concept of war crimes, which they probably don't, judging from humanity's treatment of the demihumans.
The size of the explosion matters not at all, and they can do similar or worse via large-scale magic in this world; do recall that the ENTIRE wasteland was caused by a single spell completely obliterating the kingdom that used to exist there. The only one who'd be condemning it would be the Holy Nation that is fighting them and any of their allies, because they're fighting back, so of course they'd propagandize things to the best they can.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for that clarification, I was wondering why he said 3000 when he had a 10,000 "people" achievement too (implying he killed 7,000 people aside from this attack, if those were actually people and not just any lives).

So went and double check.

The 10,000 people achievement is from 'weapons he made' so the crossbows, bombs, etc contributed to it.
While it use the term 'people', given the context of Sylphy telling him when he was worried about his weapons taking lives before, that even when they killed Gizmas those were lives too. I think the system count those as 'people'
Although it might also be that the rebel army killed just that many people during the earlier slave rescues.

Compare that to the first murder, 1000 and 3000 kill titles that specify "human race" or the 100 "living beings" explode at once title.

Dex-chan lover
The achievement writer just blatantly mocking Kosuke is great.

To kill for yourself is murder. To kill for your country is patriotism. To kill for entertainment is harmless.

Would probably view it as an "dishonorable way of fighting" but war crime? No non-combatant was harmed nor is there chance of being harmed from it in the future (why the use Chemical/biological weapons and plastic mines would be considered war crimes) and wasn't designed to inflict unnecessary harm (why it's a war crime to use things like white phosphorus on human targets)

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why MC said the attack killed 3000 people when he knows it killed 10000+.
Is not like the achievement is shadowed or locked as he still have to reach it, is the same like the others.
If having 20 or so demi-human liking him increased his damage by 10% against womens wouldn't killing a army give him a obscene stat boost? Shouldn't be a chance to charm instead of damage, or lower damage by females?
If the explosion could be seen by that far the heat and shockwave should have destroyed the place much more harshly.
And the mangaka should have made the harpies scared, traumatized or at the very least deafened from the thing.
Last thing, the humans thought the beasts weren't a menace worthy of elite mages but sent a army of 10k humans on a wild chase?
Call me a nitpicker but to me it looks like multiple writing mistakes.

Dex-chan lover
I'm feel this is what you get when you cross Minecraft with some RimWorld elements. I feel some of the shenanigans from a Francis John playthrough.

Dex-chan lover
I'm feel this is what you get when you cross Minecraft with some RimWorld elements. I feel some of the shenanigans from a Francis John playthrough.
Never expected to meet a fellow Francis John enjoyer here! There's also a lot of blatant 7 Days To Die elements involved, especially earlier on; the blood moon Guzma attack seven days after he arrives, and a lot of the designs of things as well as crafting recipes are very 7DTD, too.

I don't understand why MC said the attack killed 3000 people when he knows it killed 10000+.
Is not like the achievement is shadowed or locked as he still have to reach it, is the same like the others.
If having 20 or so demi-human liking him increased his damage by 10% against womens wouldn't killing a army give him a obscene stat boost? Shouldn't be a chance to charm instead of damage, or lower damage by females?
If the explosion could be seen by that far the heat and shockwave should have destroyed the place much more harshly.
And the mangaka should have made the harpies scared, traumatized or at the very least deafened from the thing.
Last thing, the humans thought the beasts weren't a menace worthy of elite mages but sent a army of 10k humans on a wild chase?
Call me a nitpicker but to me it looks like multiple writing mistakes.
How to tell people you comment without reading comments.

Aggregator gang
Thank you for the TL!
I didn't get it - what happened to Sylphy? Is this some sort of a reference to something that happened before which I somehow forgot? heh...
Sylphy seems to get a lot more innocent/submissive/lusty/etc. at night, then gets really embarrassed about it the morning after. This time she ended up acting really cutesy and playful, which is totally at odds with the tough war princess persona she puts up in front of everyone else.

Never expected to meet a fellow Francis John enjoyer here! There's also a lot of blatant 7 Days To Die elements involved, especially earlier on; the blood moon Guzma attack seven days after he arrives, and a lot of the designs of things as well as crafting recipes are very 7DTD, too.
Could also be related to the blood moon mod for Minecraft, which follows the same pattern of one happening every seven days. Still neat to see the mechanic included in a manga like this.

Dex-chan lover
Sylphy seems to get a lot more innocent/submissive/lusty/etc. at night, then gets really embarrassed about it the morning after. This time she ended up acting really cutesy and playful, which is totally at odds with the tough war princess persona she puts up in front of everyone else.

Could also be related to the blood moon mod for Minecraft, which follows the same pattern of one happening every seven days. Still neat to see the mechanic included in a manga like this.
That mod actually came out a full year after 7DTD already existed. And, as I said, there's a number of other things that are linked to it, including that achievement system and the way it gives a name to things (the descriptions, though? Those are totally being written by the god he's the apostle of, enjoying watching what he does and commenting on it). See: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2734081184 for that. There's also things like the specific look of several of the buildings, like the crafting bench, though the furnace IS straight out of minecraft and operates as such; the way the crafting menu looks and operates, including how it counts down the time of the craft before moving on to the next queued craft; the recipe book (done FOUR years before Minecraft! It was only added in 2017); how tools create a spreading crack in the thing being harvested until it suddenly poofs into the finished harvestable resource (curved tree into massive straight log); how splints almost immediately cure broken legs; the incredibly rapid growth time of player-planted crops vs. "wild-planted" crops in player-touched soil; there's more, but I'll leave it at that.

Yes, there IS minecraft elements too, like how he can just immediately harvest blocks, and how he actually gets the block back instead of bits like he would in 7DTD, but 7DTD functionality is actually far more prevalent; it's basically 7DTD but wherever there's a negative to make the player have to work for something that's too specific to its game world, it implements another game's method instead to make it easier on him. An example of that is how he removes areas of terrain with his shovel (they are NOT bounded to squares, he can actually manipulate the area being dug; squares are simply the most common), whereas in 7DTD he'd remove part of the voxel-based ground solid'durability until he finally take a weird chunk out and the terrain shifts to accomodate that removed section instead; another would be how a lot of things get stored as square blocks that wouldn't otherwise, like dirt, which would be a pile in 7DTD. Something that is NOT an example is actually the infinite water well, since they both have, or at least at one point had, that (as I recall they removed, or at least tried to remove, infinite water in 7DTD, but it was in the game for the longest time).

Group Leader
No one should have survived being so close to such a huge explosion. Being in such close proximity to an enormous explosion would have liquefied your internals (including the brain), which is why explosion victims bleed through every orifice.

Just from the shock wave alone, depending on how close you are, you are likely to experience any of these with varying degrees depending on distance:
  • Internal hemorrhaging
  • brain, and other organs, damage
  • hearing damage/loss
  • sight damage/loss
  • unconsciousness
  • shell shock

Users who are viewing this thread