Gourmet Gaming

Aggregator gang
Ah, yes, a game that doesn't allow player to change their appearance. If you are handsome/pretty in real life, your character will also be handsome and pretty in game. You have ugly face, too bad, you'll stay ugly in game...

I still think it's so funny PMscans basically started scanlating this because of revenge and it has turned into them genuinely enjoying this scanlation (at least I hope so) lol. Thanks as always!

Well sorry, i don't need a super slow scanlation that was late by whole 15 chapters

Yes the quality is worse, but its not like it use white square or stupid font. PMScan use what readable

You need to balance quality and quantity..
Focus too much on quality has its own drawback as well

But you do you

@Plazpetalu @Pokari gotta agree on the utter miss information with bulimia. Especially because the main character doesn't even seam to have it.....

Totally admitting I an not a health professional here, but even a basic google search (let alone having friends with the disorder) shows that that translation makes no sense. REALLY wish they had gone with a made up name or Polyphagia but to such an extreme case its almost never seen before.

I like the characters here and the plot, but I always go back and forth on wanting to pick this up because of that supper frustrating, and honestly, offensive misdiagnosis and/or mis-translation.

@PopSynth765 Agreed. I really wish they came up with a made up name as well. My original comment sounded pretty harsh, but the beginning of this comic honestly felt pretty offensive? I just honestly feel really bad for anyone with an eating disorder who came across this comic, the way they described bulimia was like “a foodie who’s sooo obsessed with food, he can’t stop eating!”
When in reality, a lot of binge eating disorders have a lot do to with mental health and emotions and such.....Granted, I haven’t read too much of the comic, nor am I very educated on the topic, but that’s what I got from it.

Of course, I suppose it’s just a comic, but it all felt kind of harmful....

Thanks for the response, I’m glad others out there thought the same.

I’m so glad people are still talking about how the fictional disease should have been given a fictional name in English instead of subbing in the very real condition of “bulimia”.

“Both conditions involve eating a lot,” does not mean they are actually even remotely the same. 😭

Commented a big explanation on chapter 1, then tried checking out the other groups and was sad to see they also chose to go with bulimia.

Also, now more sad to realize that if people are still talking about this, it probably means that after 30 and 50 chapters neither of the groups have chosen to stop using “bulimia” for the MC’s disease.

Please understand that for many people, the choice to use “Bulimia” here (because he eats a lot and exercises a lot and we’re going to pretend the MC maybe just already worked through his vomiting problems that he may have theoretically had) is just as frustrating to see or as glaring an error as if you were to use “anorexic” (because, y’know, they’re both eating disorders).

Not Gonna Lie, My Stomach was already rumbling by the time i got to chapter 10.

I love how the MC plays the game at his own pace and still gets strong somehow without adhering to the norms of VRMMO games and how the rest (players) play the game.

I don't really have a problem with the MC being a Gary Stu, or all these coincidental skills that the devs decided to put into the game that somehow nobody else has found out, or the NPCs being way too similar to human beings to the point of even having a personality, or the subpar characters, or the annoying Egirl mage character, or even the whole "misinformation about bulimia" thing that people get triggered over, especially when it's explicitly stated as an entirely fictional disease.

No, what I get triggered about is the godawful game design. How in the world can General praise this game? These devs are actually high. Like, remember when Protagonist-kun beat up the PK-er guy with the spear? They were in the same squad, you mean to tell me you can still do friendly fire when the whole team is in the same team? Also, what on earth is up with only being able to create one character? Do the servers suck or something? There's also almost no explanation as to why you can't customize your character's face, or maybe the explanation shows up in later chapters that I haven't read yet. Like, it's VR. It's not your real body. Why can the player not change their appearance in a ROLEPLAYING MMO? Bouta tell me you can implement TASTE AND SMELL in this game but can't have character customization.

You really mean to tell me that having a function in the game where players can kill each other to steal each others' stuff doesn't breed a toxic cesspool of a community? I'm genuinely surprised the level of salt in this game isn't on the same level as League of Legends, if not higher. At least 90% of the playerbase would constantly kill each other to steal each others' stuff outside of safezones, which YOU CANNOT PREVENT BECAUSE THERE IS FRIENDLY FIRE. More importantly, (and I'm pretty sure I misread something, or it got lost in translation) you're really gonna tell me that the tutorial area gets locked out? Why? What possible game-enhancing function could that serve? One of the only good design choices is that I haven't seen any mention of DLC or premium currency yet.

Since PvP is a thing, having legendary classes is an inherently bad idea because it means that one specific handful of players will always have the advantage, and it allows them to grief as much as they want, because, well, who in the world would stop a guy with a legendary class from going on a killing spree in "newbie forest"? Like, maybe if they didn't have a legendary class, then regular players could probably stop them.

More importantly, does the death mechanics mean that you drop everything when you die? That is awful for an Action RPG game, where you want the players to experiment with builds and have more build diversity. Even Dark Souls only made you drop your souls when you die, they never had you drop your actual weapon. If you drop everything when you die, then the meta would forever be tanks who just turtle up behind a shield. Almost nobody would play glass cannons like mages, supports, assassins, or snipers.

I am genuinely surprised the company behind this game has not filed for bankruptcy.

Also, I'm writing this before some fanboy / fangrill replies with "wrong but go off", "stay mad🙃", "too long didn't read😴", "we have no choice but to stan".

@Yoten yeah the game design doesn't make sense at all. So while reading it focus more on the story and think of the game like an au where people get to live a pre-set destiny/inherit their destiny from someone just like Minhyuk who lives the destiny of shiksin. NPCs are AI that have the capability to develop personalities after being given "memories". Hidden quests and buff etc. Are all part of one's destiny and how it plays out(as in choices they make just like at the farmer dungeon). Being unable to change one's appearance may be because it's like a vr made to resemble life in an au. Like you as yourself are living a destiny and only one(thus one character). Destinies are set according to one's choices. So if a character gets a legendary class or normal, it's the result of their own actions as seen in the example of Minhyuk who triggered the destiny of Food God. As for dropping everything after you die and friendly fire, I think we still don't have enough info about it, but if it's like you say then it's just bs.

whenever i see the title, all i think of is how high level i would already be💀💀💀

it's not that I dislike fluff but I feel like authors who want to write about unbalanced, badly designed VR games should just write isekai instead so the events of their story actually make sense

like imagine actually griefing and harassing another player to try and get them to join your guild... forget about how quickly that'd get you permanently banned from a real MMO, the person in question can just quit playing or make another account lol

this scheme is so retarded that it doesn't even work in real life because the person you screwed over will always be looking for an opportunity to return the favor

Users who are viewing this thread