Grace of the Vineyard - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
So the dad was multiple timing a bunch of rich girls who, creepingly, look much similar to his adoptive daughter, and the Lady who didn't like him decided to expose that bitch for being low-key a scammer... (Didn't men receive dowries back then? I don't know if it was given only after the marriage or after the engagement, but I'll assume the rich daddies were kinda already paying it)

At least they didn't pull a "Ruby was his biological daughter all along" because of the axe. Just gave a good reason why Grace could dip without fearing much because the man's reputation (and probably estate) is already ruined. Who wants to inherit his bs? She'd probably just get debt to pay for.

Story was already supposed to be kinda short given the time frame between the first scene with Ruby being punished for her "bad job" and her meeting Grace. It was just a couple of months, right? So I don't know how they could stretch it more. Maybe build a second arc, but it doesn't seem to be the author's intention. Do hope for an extra chapter with them giving married couple vibes and having hot steamy le— :fml: wait, we probably won't

Dex-chan lover
I'm disappointed. Kudos to the happy ending but clearly there was more of a story to tell. I was actually very much looking forward to the two of them essentially being on the run and what that would've entailed. My shock was palpable when I checked updates and saw END. I audibly went "what the hell?!" because seriously what the hell?!

A short-lived narrative, but it truly was fun while it briefly lasted.

Thank you for the translation (you did excellent work).

Dex-chan lover
You've got to be fucking kidding me. That's it?

It was so abrupt. I genuinely couldn't fathom that it would just end like that.

Dex-chan lover
So the dad was multiple timing a bunch of rich girls who, creepingly, look much similar to his adoptive daughter, and the Lady who didn't like him decided to expose that bitch for being low-key a scammer... (Didn't men receive dowries back then? I don't know if it was given only after the marriage or after the engagement, but I'll assume the rich daddies were kinda already paying it)

At least they didn't pull a "Ruby was his biological daughter all along" because of the axe. Just gave a good reason why Grace could dip without fearing much because the man's reputation (and probably estate) is already ruined. Who wants to inherit his bs? She'd probably just get debt to pay for.

Story was already supposed to be kinda short given the time frame between the first scene with Ruby being punished for her "bad job" and her meeting Grace. It was just a couple of months, right? So I don't know how they could stretch it more. Maybe build a second arc, but it doesn't seem to be the author's intention. Do hope for an extra chapter with them giving married couple vibes and having hot steamy le— :fml: wait, we probably won't
Except we got an indirect confirmation that Ruby is indeed the biological daughter. If you look, Ruby's mother who appeared in the first chapter and the woman who appeared in the flashback are same, and Mrs. Bell was friends with both of them. It is more or less confirmed that she is the biological daughter of the scumbag dad.

Dex-chan lover
So he was a scammer and a groomer at the same time, plus left Ruby and her mom to demise. Too bad we won't see him to be put on a guillotine for his horrible acts, he's worthless to society. My only complain is too short, I hope there's at least an extra chapter after their great escape.

Last edited:
images

Dex-chan lover
Yeah wow the ending definitely feels a bit... abrupt. Well, I still really liked it though.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Im with everybody, this felt too short 😭

Runaways wouldve been such a great concept to show how difficult it is to live essentially from scratch... but some power above pumped the brakes on allat ⚰️

Didnt even get a sesbian lex scene, im depressed...

Users who are viewing this thread