Grand Blue - Vol. 16 Ch. 65.5 - Vamos

@Raydnt to each their own i suppose. Personally I think Temple is gorgeous to look at but after reading 10+ chapter and not laughing once I sorts just lost interest.

I never read baka test, I just watched the anime and it was fine, it made me laugh more than it had any right to considering how repetetive the gags were.

Grand Blue just nails that sweet spot for me of being both having stunning looks, characters I care about and being stupidly funny. It really shines for me, being that rare manga that actually delivers on the comedy as I think that generally manga/anime/lns tend have the same boring joke structure with one joke that they repeat ad nauseam.

Aggregator gang
oh, i shouldn't have tried finding the movie before finishing reading, it's not even out yet!

Dex-chan lover
@hanchobakery
Though either way, I feel like undercover brother is a bit of a weird way to translate it.
Chinese version was like this:
- What does "great little brother" mean?
- It's... an actor just misspoke.

I searched for euphemisms for that particular part of male body and chose a random item from the list from the first answer on this page that is a weird (from the perspective of a middle-schooler) combination of ordinary words.

@jdjohndoe13

Yeah chinese call their genitals little brothers. I say its a less crude way of calling out penis but there dozens of other ways i heard the older chinese folks say penis especially when they are making sexual jokes or funny comments

Dex-chan lover
*this chapter is dedicated to Ricardo Milos. dear friend, dank bod*

No matter how many chapters of this I read, there are just some jokes in this manga that I will never understand. However, the secret to enjoying those jokes is to not think about the purpose of them, at least for me.

Dex-chan lover
"What is this? A crossover episode?"
- cartoon talking dog

Dex-chan lover
I did wonder if I just forgot VAMOS being part of the original manga when I watched the movie but now I just question who came up with it for the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread