Guild no Cheat na Uketsukejou - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
Shes a reincarnator right, why is she just "Oh my mother is against magic guess I'll never learn it"? No way shes a reincarnator if she reacts like that

Fed-Kun's army
I am willing to bet her own elf friends killed the kid.
From what little we know about the MC and Elves, I agree. They seem to be Xenophobic yet the MC has no problems being alongside humans. This flashback seems to be explaining why she's not living with the Elves. We also know the MC has no issue with magic so maybe the Elves hate it in the same way the last bad guy did. They could go to the same sort of extremes because of it as well. If the Elves were just being blamed/framed for it she wouldn't be having this flashback at this point in the story.

Dex-chan lover
That's some wrong kind of elves, hating magic and killing children. Can they really be called elves after that?

Dex-chan lover
That's some wrong kind of elves, hating magic and killing children. Can they really be called elves after that?
This makes them more like what I'd expect elves to be. Pompous pains in the rear.

I subscribe to the elves from the game Overlord, as the standard. Seems to track in nearly every other use.
Rather, aren't elves in the first place supposed to be the kind of nasty creatures that love killing children? They are afterall very related to stories of fae, spirits, vättar, väsen, etc.

Tolkien did them dirty, making them beautiful and ubermench

Ah, glad someone picked this up. You have done well, reading the LN now and it fills in some of the plot. This is quite the unusual and engaging manga. Thank you for your time and effort translator.

Dex-chan lover
Rather, aren't elves in the first place supposed to be the kind of nasty creatures that love killing children? They are afterall very related to stories of fae, spirits, vättar, väsen, etc.

Tolkien did them dirty, making them beautiful and ubermench
Here's the thing: if a setting's elves are more like fairies, they should also get fairies' tendency to do everything with magic.

Users who are viewing this thread