Gunka no Baltzar - Vol. 11 Ch. 68 - The end of grace

Group Leader
In case someone didn't catch the note at the end.
Need a typesetter.
https://discord.gg/rrjPNDX6JX
https://tinyurl.com/wosseldorf

Can't follow at all what's happening in this chapter after the fight with Jurij. Anyone with a tl;dr?

Group Leader
@Mustang_00 This should cover everything or give enough context regarding Jurij.
Jurij's brother, Erich, participated in the coup d'état that happened around 10 (or so) years ago. Mostly described in chapter 8 and chapter 28 if I remember right. Liebknecht is the one who orchestrates it. Baltzar pretends to help them but leaks intel to Weißen's military. Shit happens, Jurij's brother apparently commits 'suicide' (along with all other insurgents), Lieb escapes. Jurij blames Baltzar for his brother's death, saying he used Erich, and wants revenge.
Turns out Erich was working with Baltzar to undermine Lieb's coup. It's now unclear how exactly Erich died or who killed him. The insinuation is that it is Liebknecht (but read chapter 28 as it might be something different).

If you want the stuff after that.
Once Jurij and Timo failed to kill Baltzar and revealed themselves in the process, the king's faction probably has enough evidence now to accuse the Chief of Staff of mutiny. Therefore, it is possible that it might turn into a civil war between the king's and the CoS' faction. So the king is being evacuated from the capital, which might be the center of the possible civil war, while the CoS has possibly ordered Liebknecht to pursue them.

So we are already at the age of mechanized infantry? Well keep it up, i want the atom bomb at the end of this manga!

Dex-chan lover
These cars look a bit too nice. I don't think prototypes would look like this. Are cars actually widespread then?
Also, are they using combustion and not steam engine?
I feel like it doesn't add up.

Aggregator gang
"Nice, the civil war arc is over! I can't wait to see what Baltzar gets up to next with his promotion!"

Pippin: Ah, but what about SECOND civil war?

Fed-Kun's army
I am not so sure those cars were fast enough to keep up with a train back then

Group Leader
@Kireato @Darth_Noox
It can be inferred that the story's setting borrows from around the time of 1868 of our history and 1886 is when Karl Benz patented his car. So forget being fast enough, there were no cars. (there do seem to be some designs before then that could be called 'cars' but the same still applies.)
But the author acknowledges this and calls it over-technology for the time period in one of his research notes pages in the next volume. And since this is a fantasy, it can be let slide I guess. Also he adds some more detail regarding the steam, gasoline, electric engines too, so you'll see that when we eventually post that chapter. Hopefully.

uahh probably one of the best military themed...
thanks for translating

@alexsilener
I think you should create a single page banner with big fonts for "need helper" next time at the begining and the end, It's really small...
that way another readers in aggregator site can notice it

Users who are viewing this thread