H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out of Space

Dex-chan lover
YES! More Lovecraft! Holy shit!

I loved that Haunter in the Dark adaptation

Group Leader
Idea of doing "Colour out of Space" in black-white manga is so absurd, that i like it ;)

Can't wait for all of his adaptations of Lovecraft stories to be translated. Thanks for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
How rare to see a manga team composed of a Westerner and a Japanese guy. This was a good start, very interesting and promising. I hope this...Howard? Phillips Lovecraft can keep this stuff up because if so he has a promising career ahead of him.

Dex-chan lover
Not too long, not too short. Also one of my favorites.

Dex-chan lover
Man that second chapter was great, this Howard Phillips is on a roll, quite the promising fella.

@ZombiesAreeNotOkay This is an adaptation. Lovecraft was a famous western Horror author, famous for Cthulhu and similar horror. His work is deemed masterful until today and there are many works of him out there to be read.

Really good adaptation, but I'm surprised (and pleased) that the mangaka has such a "straight" approach. Most adaptations get re-styled to look like mainstream manga. I think this shows his talent more, and respects the original material.
On the other hand, H.P.L. was a sad, twisted, man. He hated humanity, and meant to depict almost everyone as somewhat disgusting. The artist could certainly turn up the ugly a notch or two.

the art feels like somewhere between eastern and western. i can get the the lovecraft feeling. cool!

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. This is why you don't try to meddle with things that should not be. >_> It drives a man insane, even the bravest of us.

Dex-chan lover
And for all those who don't know Lovecraft, you guys do know he's the one who wrote stories about C'Thulhu, Nyarlatothep and other eldritch horrors, right? >_> His work was also the inspiration for the Old Gods in World of Warcraft.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. A very good story for its genre.

i always thought lovecraft would be well suited for an illustrated medium like manga. this is a great read!

Users who are viewing this thread