Hachigatsu Kokonoka Boku wa Kimi ni Kuwareru. - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

This manga has a lot of potential, excited to see where it goes! Definitely enjoying it so far.

So did this chapter give anyone else a sense of wild tonal shift? Up until this chapter (though the feeling began with the last few pages of the previous one) the manga had a far more isolated, oppressive atmosphere, what with one guy seemingly awash in supernatural happenings and personal horror with no help from the "normal" world. Introduce mysterious observers in suits and exposition about a magic power that attracts suicidal monsters, and suddenly the mood is entirely changed in a manner I'm not especially hyped about.

Dex-chan lover
@Zugaikotsu No for me. Instead of continuing to go blind, this chapter gives the previous 9 chapters a proper backstory. A story of why this and that happened. It's needed and crucial, otherwise it's gonna continue to be "insane monsters trying to eat MC" for absolute no reason at all, and that won't last long.

Group Leader
@icantnotthink Part 1 of the next chapter comes out on Christmas, but I still don't know whether I'll do the full chapter or divide it in 2 just yet. So I guess sometime next year probably.

Dex-chan lover
If this Shijin character was carrying around something that important, presumably while acting on behalf of a God-like entity, and a mere human kid managed to get away with it then he's not very good at his job. Just saying.... Also I'm imagining him and the monsters saying "YOINK" while absconding with it.

Users who are viewing this thread