Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 13 Ch. 83 - The Underground Ruins of the Enchanted Forest

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling it now, it's going to be a lock warehouse filled with 9996 combination locks - each with a different combination
Having watched my fair share of Lockpickinglawyer, I'm disappointed that they didn't even attempt to look for an easily exploitable vulnerability in the lock. Not to mention, Armstrong would probably be able to just break it open by hand.
Yup, like thin (enough to bend a half-circle around the thing) metal strips inserted from the top seems to work on surprisingly many.
Just smash the lock you fucking idiots.
With another lock! At least now they have a second lock from the entrance, to use on the inner door. #references

Contributor
Making yourself shine when in a dark place, that you don't know if there's something hidden, is stupid as hell.

Dex-chan lover
The author & artist really should make the lock look at least slightly different than the common baggage lock, one of those tough looking ones for lockers or doors would be better.
I saw page 10 and was wondering if the TSA sign is also drawn somewhere on the lock.

Dex-chan lover
Having watched my fair share of Lockpickinglawyer, I'm disappointed that they didn't even attempt to look for an easily exploitable vulnerability in the lock. Not to mention, Armstrong would probably be able to just break it open by hand.
Maybe LPL is not popular in Japan. If I think of Japan, I can't help but also imagine picking a lock would be so much against their ethos that it's simply not an option. You gotta persevere and go through all the combinations, to respect both the maker of the lock and whoever locked the door.

Dex-chan lover
There wasn't no keyhole and probably the team itself doesn't have someone expert on it

Contributor
Maybe LPL is not popular in Japan. If I think of Japan, I can't help but also imagine picking a lock would be so much against their ethos that it's simply not an option. You gotta persevere and go through all the combinations, to respect both the maker of the lock and whoever locked the door.
I would agree, but Handyman Saito specifically references him picking the lock for an ungrateful bitch that locked herself out of her home.

Supporter
If he tried the sequence from behind, the lock would open in two attempts lols 🤣

Screenshot-2023-06-23-07-40-58-313-com-chrome-dev.png

Dex-chan lover
9998? That’s a troll combo lol.

Anyway, surprised none of y’all thought up of more creative solutions like bolt-cutters or melting the lock bars.

Double-page supporter
LPL was my first thought as well. "This l Combo lock is simple" i get the comedy bit and all but wasting 3 hours was kinda silly and will be really disappointed if they just burst through this second one like the Kool-Aid Man here sigh

Dex-chan lover
Kinda a brain dead chp tbh but I guess this manga has always kinda been about brute-forcing things with repetition. I bet author thought he was being clever using a combo lock since they're not "pickable" in the traditional sense despite all the other vulnerabilities besides trying every number.

Dex-chan lover
Probably the most annoying dungeon I ever had to go through in a game was a D&D dungeon. No monsters, but full of deadly traps and the three chests in the dungeon all created an explosion just by touching them (until the trap was disabled), then the only contents were as followed in order of the chest in question. A piece of paper which said, HA, then HAHA, then HAHAHAHA. After reading of course, they exploded. Annoying combination lock followed immediately by yet another lock with no way through except figuring out the combination? That would be up there.

Dex-chan lover
"This is the LockPickingLawyer, and what I got for you today is..."
This shit keeps looping in my head while reading this chapter.

And from what I could remember by watching LPL, you could either just feel the right combination by touch or slip something between the numbers. Or heck, just destroy it by force or magic.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is just like watching the 1% richest people's daily life. There's no plot, no objective, it's just powerful rich people doing whatever they feel like doing.

This shit keeps looping in my head while reading this chapter.

And from what I could remember by watching LPL, you could either just feel the right combination by touch or slip something between the numbers. Or heck, just destroy it by force or magic.
"We will try it one more time so you can see its not a fluke"

Users who are viewing this thread