Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 13 Ch. 84 - Discovery at the Underground Ruins

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

i still cant grasp the concept of "Lost Technology" or "Lost Civilization"
is just like there's a gap between current human and human in the past?some kind of disaster?
or lack of documentation/Communication?
maybe in our world is just like we "discovering" new ruins in egypt?
or maybe due in another world there's no piece of technology that we called : INTERNET

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

is just like there's a gap between current human and human in the past?some kind of disaster?
or maybe due in another world there's no piece of technology that we called : INTERNET
As someone who actually studied a bit of archaeology, it's basically buildings and other similar structures that have been abandoned by humans and where there is no activity. Nature usually reclaims those places and can hide it from our view. Hence when exploring it's called a "new" ruin, but it's only because it has come back to our general attention. Often enough, the locals knew or know about the place, but avoid going there (and if they already knew, it's possible the place has been pillaged thoroughly for riches already).

And yes, if people don't leave records of those places, their function and whatnot, it complicates things further, because you have to guess.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or does it feel like they kinda dragged this chapter out for no reason? They could’ve probably fit this entire chapter into like 10-12 pages at most, why bother with the unnecessary filler?
Idk, it just feels kinda pointless to me:pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
the "old" line was weird, maybe MC meant to say mature?
after all saying old sounds like a insult to a young lady
I understand that teenagers want to look mature and grown womens want to look younger, but I don't think it was the concept behind that part

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

IMO more like the loss of technology when the Roman empire disintegrated. It took us until 1800s to reinvent roman concrete IIRC, and almost as long to create a kind of road that’s about as good as the romans, so if you were in the middle ages/renaissance period, romans are a lost civ (and hence why there were so much roman-greco nerding-about during that period)

Every tech’s magical if the tech gap is sufficiently big nuff to be alien. Like gunpowder.

Supporter
Can't wait for either,
"Someone being stuck inside because time was stopped"
"Someone closes the door on the way in and they get stuck a while."
plots.

Place your bets:
:meguusmug: Someone inside.
:kek: They get stuck.
:notlikethis:Or I'm wrong about it all.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

We do have lost technology in real world, it's just that for it to be lost there either needs to be a disaster or it needs to stop being useful.

Dex-chan lover
I need to say it, everything of the adventurous stuff will be nice if in this story every character wasn't a noble, is too weird don't see the MC interacting with normal people in 84 chapters beside the country folks during the conspiracy that kill his brother

Double-page supporter
Feels like the editors/author needed something to make Kat standout other than asking like a spoiled brat that people want to punch after 5 mins...soo lets give her super rare hard to use magic like "Unlocking Magic" WTF really? that is how they spend the chapter of her rambling for half the chapter about the same stuff we already knew. Feel like we are going to be in the ruin for 20 chapters and get nothing done but bonding for the new future wife

Makes me wonder why Elise is even exists in this manga? If you absolutely had to have a wife you already had Louise and Iina. Really do like this series a lot but so much lore that is pointlessly added like these last two doors.

Double-page supporter
They didn't stop trying to call it quits with the dungeon dive time and time again, talk about adventuring mindset

Dex-chan lover
Feels like the editors/author needed something to make Kat standout other than asking like a spoiled brat that people want to punch after 5 mins...soo lets give her super rare hard to use magic like "Unlocking Magic" WTF really? that is how they spend the chapter of her rambling for half the chapter about the same stuff we already knew. Feel like we are going to be in the ruin for 20 chapters and get nothing done but bonding for the new future wife

Makes me wonder why Elise is even exists in this manga? If you absolutely had to have a wife you already had Louise and Iina. Really do like this series a lot but so much lore that is pointlessly added like these last two doors.
Noble rank notwithstanding, Elise is the only wife that can be considered equal to Vell. She's a fellow "child prodigy who bears heavy expectations" like Vell.

Iina is the wife that ticks the cool beauty checkmark. Louise is same but for the cute checkmark. Having waifu checklists is a common harem trope.

Whatever Drills is supposed to be, I just hope my boy Eru gets some romance because the way things are going, Eru's not gonna marry until death because Vell keeps stealing any new girl the party encounters.

Dex-chan lover
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
This is getting boring af
Well, you found something that isn't immediately recognizable? Let's leave. Oh! Another thing I don't immediately recognize? Let's leave. Oh! A door! Let's leave.
But first, let's take 15 pages of story to unlock two doors... and then suggest leaving. Again.

Don't forget to reinforce that MC is "a loner" who takes a shower, and is therefore "cool."
(Weirdest trope of insular cultures is the idea that having tons of friends is required for a normal human; some people on this planet are fine with only a few friends, yo... and it doesn't make them a "loner")

Users who are viewing this thread