Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Brother Erich's Wedding

Double-page supporter
This is actually an easy mode politics, still it's a complicated one to draw, no wonder why a lot of people here didn't see the appeal of this manga

Dex-chan lover
Is there typos or am I too sleepy? I got confused. Like where it said "that's the reason the Baumiester family is on bad terms with MCs parents," but MC and his parents are the Baumeister family. And no reason was given before the statement. Instead it was just a summary about how the Baumeisters became nobles. I'm going to sleep 😴

Dex-chan lover
...What the fuck am I reading here? Am I missing something? Am I having a moment?

"It was unexpected that Erich would marry into the same family level."
"On top of that, the money was used up on the oldest son Kult's wedding."
Okay, both these I get. It was unexpected that Erich would marry someone of such a decent station, and they blew all their money on the first son's wedding. Unexpected and they didn't have the money anyways. Gotcha.

"To make sure no one brings money to the Royal Capital"
WHAT FUCKING MONEY?! THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! THE ONLY BAUMEISTER WITH TWO COINS TO RUB TOGETHER IS THE FUCKING MC! How are people going to bring non-fucking-existent money to the capital?

"Paul and Helmut are to pay it in advance"
Why the literal fuck are the two brothers that renounced their inheritance and moved out expected to pay this mysterious money that they don't have to... what... the dowry? The dowry that they have LITERALLY NO FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY? ...The fuck?

"What does father expect from two Royal Capital security guards?"
Wait, wait... You're serious, the father is expecting the two brothers that gave up their fucking inheritance to PAY UP FRONT supposedly the dowry... so that... they... don't bring money to the capital? That they don't have?

...I'm sure in someone's brain this made logical sense, I just wish I was smoking the same drugs that they were that bent reality to that degree.

[story of how the Baumeister family got their land and title and holdings roughly 100 years ago]
"That's the reason why the Baumeister family isn't on good terms with your parents."
...The reason why the Baumeister family isn't on good terms with the Baumeisters is because the Baumeisters became a country over 100 years of development?
Um... Sure. And 1 + Z + Potato = Fighter Jet. Makes perfect sense.

Y'know what? I give up. I don't even care anymore. The author sure as fuck didn't.

Dowry is the wrong word here.
Dowry is what the Bride's Family gives the Bride for back-up money. It's the Bride's alone.
Bride Price is what the Groom and/or his Family pays to the Bride or her Family for marriage.
Wedding Gift is what people give the Bride and Groom to start their new life.

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch there's a branch of the Baumeister family in the capital that Wendelin's father is an offshoot of.

Like how Wend's starting his own branch of a branch of the Baumeister family name as his own noble.

Im just waiting for them to start murdering each other, and the back stabbing political intrigue.

Users who are viewing this thread