Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 6 Ch. 32 - Fight to the Death Part 4

Haven't checked for an off switch.. didn't even remember the first one had one? Moreover.. just move to the side, split into two groups (Brantark & MC) and let the dragon's breath take out the enemies coming from behind! Heck, try it with one group and a single barrier, maybe someone could run up closer and check out the situation (why did they not try this anyway?) and see if there's another cable or something. Bullheadedly pushing through with brute force is a waste of effort when you don't even know if you're out of the dungeon yet! /rant
Rightio, back to lurking for me.

oh suure, the owner who made the dungeon is so lazy that he left the "cable" that supply mana to that dragon statue hanging like a moron. sure sure... the author probably ran out of idea to finish of the dragon...

Double-page supporter
Wait a min, did some of the chapters get taken down? I remember when they finally got out of the dungeon lol
and the room they find with anothe dragon? Children’s toys? Am I tripping? Does anyone else remember that? Lol

Why not use the magic barriers to direct the flames towards the golem army? Either the dragon will destroy all the golems for them or it will stop attacking or the golems will stop attacking. There is no downside; all the outcomes I can think of are beneficial.

Thanks for the chapter!
Considering there was an off switch for the previous one, why didn't someone check to see if there's an off switch in the same spot? Agree the designer has a really twisted personality.

@Ultrabenosaurus Hard to say if dragon breath will have any effect on the golem army. If the breath is magical in nature (likely is considering the designer's twisted nature,) than the anti-magic properties of the golem army's mithril will allow the army to wade through the flames without damage. As for the dragon or army to stop attacking that'll only happen when they're broken. The dragon will be too tough to be damaged by the army and the army has special units to collect and repair any damaged units so there's no concern of friendly fire.

@Mathiason maybe, but even if created through magic it is still fire. Very, very hot and powerful fire inspired by dragons. There will be physical impact from the force of the breath attack and heat from the flames, as well as possible effects on the surroundings like melting the floor. Anyone capable of creating that death trap and all those golems and an artificial dragon must have considered the chances of friendly fire, and would likely program the golems and dragon to avoid each other with their attacks. Plus smashed golems are likely much easier and quicker to repair than golems that have been melted to slag. It is very likely that either the golem army would back off or the dragon would stop its breath if the intruders were able to direct the breath attack straight at the golem army. I'd be very surprised if the golems don't at least move out of the way of the flames coming straight at them, allowing the party to pace themselves and control the golems slightly.

But even if it didn't work and both sides keep attacking without any issues, parrying or redirecting an attack is almost always easier than straight-up blocking it, so it would at the very least conserve their magical power spent on the barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread