Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 7 Ch. 41 - The Settlement of the Inordinate Reward

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the MC is the ruling noble in his ancestral lands, though? How exactly would he spend his forture to develop the land? He would need to get his own fief over there first and then invest in it. It's not like he would go back home and hand his riches over to his parents or whoever is in charge there, without having any say in how the money is spent.

Contributor
@Kaarme With the amount of money and fame he now has, it wouldn't be strange for his father to name him the heir to the family as soon as he shows up.

Dex-chan lover
Some people really can’t cope with success or fame. Lottery winners and celebrities are good examples

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually glad there's at least one manga that talks about actually spending those huge rewards and putting it back towards the economy... I know there's other manga where MC just hoards all his rewards which would totally cause economic repercussions if the author thought that much about it

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme his family owns the land but it’s quite wide and underdeveloped. It has been known from the beginning that they’re not that well off either. So prolly the king’s plan is to send Wendelin back to kickstart A LOT of development since he’s packing waaay too much coins now

Dex-chan lover
I’m still not used to “Bleichroeder”...i’m too used to “Braihiraider”...

@Wolvenworks not to mention that he will "clean" all slums and poor people out of his pretty kingdown, that part felt fishy to me, if it does not work, the poor will starve and die, it will be the protagonist fault and he will end up hated and broke... nice plan, jesus i just don't want this to happen, i can't handle other revenge manga.

Have the previous chapters all been on politics? I don't understand. I forgot who is who.

Dex-chan lover
@joel7686

It's not necessarily 'cleaning' . It's... opening up new areas for them to live in and new places to work in.
Basically, colonization. The ones that don't have anything are quite likely to easier live where they currently are for newer areas

I see the scanlation group has changed a lot of the names, yet again. Why they cant use the names from the long existing novel translation, despite it being pointed out to them long ago is beyond me.

To all the readers, i would recommend going to read the novel translation. While there are some differences due to the manga being based on the LN but the fan trans being mostly of the WN (though it's not flipped to the LN) it does fill in a lot more of the behind-the-scenes machinations that the manga cuts out because of limited chapter space.

There's actually a lot more to the "scheme" of having him cultivate a large new territory than the manga lets on to and most of them render the plan, and thus Wendelin, unlikely to fail.

Dex-chan lover
@kaarme those two talking about the demon forest who near MC home where he met his teacher, remember how previous magreve tried to invade that place to be fail and resulting MC teacher dead and become undead who teach MC magic. The kingdom hope MC able to do something that his teacher unable to do ans free the demon forest for new exlamation area

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
They just have to establish a fiefdom there and make him a vassal of his father's, in charge of that new fief.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum No, it'd be better for the kingdom to keep him separate from his birth estate. The king doesn't need an extra element between him and Bell in trying to use Bell for his machinations.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlmondMagnum Ahem... no :D Wendelin is a Baron, his Father is a Knight, he is already two stages higher in Nobility (AND highly decorated at that) than his father, so there is no way he could be his fathers vassal :D
Plus, we dont know how exactly the land is divided right? Or have i just forgotten? I doubt his father has much more than his village to govern, i think he is more akin to a mayor for the margraive, while they want Wendelin to get something more like a barony at least? Maybe undeveloped land under the margraive or maybe the undeveloped land isnt under some direct jurisdiction aside the kingdom, so they could make him direkt vassal of the kingdom, which would be preferable for the king, but who knows exactly, but he cant be a vassal of his family, since they are all way lower than him already.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum go reread page 21, its already shown wen family teritory then some area that not wen family territory, the kingdom want wen to devolp that and like what @Silwith said now way higher ranked will become vassal who is more lower even they related by blood(parent-children/older sibling-younger)

Dex-chan lover
The whole
hippopotamus
thing was just a stupid filler imo, I really hope they don't put it in the manga too... No really, if they actually draw it then its even worse than it already was :/
And yet it seems like they will...

Users who are viewing this thread