Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 8 Ch. 50 - Love Slave

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn It's much easier. Rui just traditionally adds a random lewd chapter to the beginning of each volume to grab the attention of readers lol. I doubt that when another girl demands you to do cunnilingus for her, because you "would still masturbate without me," it's consensual sex, but that's a different story.

@SuperOniichan
I dunno.. I have never been in a situation where a girl would force me to do cuunilingus on her, because I would masturbate in the bathroom anyways, because we are in a pseudo rivalery, which she takes way more seriously, because she is lonely and has noone else, which makes it consensual, because I pity her

Maybe Rui experienced this EXACT situation and now tries to share his experience.

Merry Chrysler, my dude!

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn The irony is that if the protagonist of this manga were a man, then due to the prejudices of modern society, this title would have lost much of its problematicity. Except that the attempt by 100 men to rape the MC at the beginning of the manga looked even more creepy.

@SuperOniichan
OTOH if it were 100 women trying to rape one man, it would be pretty much your typical isekai harem manga.

And a man forcing another man to blow him on the toilet would be seemingly worse than the scenario with reversed genders, just because we are used to men forcing other people to perform sexual acts. Portraying the relationships of the MC in this way just exemplifies and amplifies the hypocrisy.

That is: it is not enough to just reverse the gender of the MC; either all genders just be reversed or all characters and actions should be considered without regard to gender (i.e. all genders should be randomised). But then the whole manga loses its premise, namely being a parody of the AV and idol industry
and the author wanting to draw yuri and weird shit happening to a hot, tanned, muscular female idol, lmao

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn This is a joke, a lot of this manga would not even seem controversial to us if it was with a man and a bunch of women. Well, maybe this way the manga would become more offensive to feminists, but that's a different story.

The intentions of the author are not at all difficult to understand and I don't think there is anything bad in wanting to draw weird lewd shit. The problems of this manga are mainly in the large number of plot holes, a significant part of which is caused by Rui's too frivolous attitude towards the plot and its sequence. Including because of his very problematic attitude to the topic of gender interaction.

@SuperOniichan
Yeh, and my point is that of it were a man with a bunch of men, then it would be problematic again.

The point is that it is (or seems) problematic to US, the reader, if there is a certain configuration of genders present. But to be truly detached from gender norms (which practically noone is), it should not be problematic in only certain configurations, but problematic regardless of gender.

I also agree that for the most part the author wants to draw lewd stuff with lots of cultural references, making fun of the industry. And I accept that.

As a result, I don't expect coherence in characters, plot or fine world details as I would do in other manga. Nor do I expect any political corectness or social/gender equality.

For the same reason I was not disappointed by the Prison School ending, because I never expected a good story from a manga focused on absurd humor and extreme ecchi.

That does not make the authors or manga exempt from critique in any way, however; it's just that I don't critisize them for more than I expect.

@justjorge
@SuperOniichan
Also, after thinking a few minutes about Misora's character, she really is just slutty Goku through and through.

There are so many plotholes and character inconsistencies with Goku, like him being a bad father and really not caring for his family, except when he decides that he does care for his family to power up. Or him caring about planet earth and saving it against the bad guy, and later annoying the shit out of gods who can destroy a planet or the whole universe in a finger snap (and have done so), just so he gets to fight and have fun.

But most fans never complain, because they never expect Goku to be reasonable. They just wanna get hyped watching Vegeta job and Goku power up.

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn Well, there are still some differences. Goku doesn't spend several volumes trying to prove to you that killing people is bad, and then in the next 5-6 kill them without any delusions, like a modern poorly written game's protagonist. Or using excuses like "killing is bad, but you can kill anyone and as much as you want, if they believe in the opposite ideology." I have no illusion that Hagure has always been a grotesque comedy about violence, sex and sexual violence, but the way it easily contradicts itself, right down to the most plot-critical topics, just ruins a lot for me.

I realize that I should have treated this with a bit of sarcasm or even taken it directly as "so bad, so its good", but when a fresh chapter literally tells me that Misora ​​suddenly sees nothing wrong with satisfying the person, who considers her to be her sex slave just because she's a woman, even though the whole manga was originally trying to create a big drama out of the same things, but from males, my ass explodes lol. It's literally a plot hole that tells you that it's okay to force other women to have sex with you, because it doesn't involve men and it doesn't seem to affect your female chaste.

Well, because, you know, it's perfectly normal when yuri manga tells you that basically only the relationship between a man and a woman is real, and women in a lesbian relationship are like eternal maidens. Hell, one of the chapters even tried directly to idealize such a view.

If not Misora, high quality art and my love-hate passion for this title, I probably would have dropped it a long time ago. But with this manga, I feel like a girl who is in love with a charismatic bastard. So Akira is especially my favorite character lol.

@myorn it’s also intersting to see the treatment of sex with other characters. When depraved rapey shit happens to Misora it is play for laughs basically, with the exception of Through the Night. And even in that chapter it has a joke about idols pooping and Misora having ptsd from static electricity. As the tournament goes on we’ll see other characters with tragic backstories and Rui draws their traumas with far more dignity than Misora.

Dex-chan lover
@KreamPunk But it's that simple. He knocked her out, after which they took her home. Or do you think Misora ​​has dreams with people she doesn't know yet?

@justjorge Have you also noticed that other characters like Mao Mao get better treatment than Misora ​​in many ways? I literally shed a tear when she didn't let the Korean girl grop her boobs (Even that knowing Rui, I can predict that this isn't necessarily the end of assault lol) and immediately remembered Misora's behavior in this situation. Although at the time the latter was even more prim than Mao Mao is now.

"From J to K-cup"

I see our beloved fairy Utako-chan is still on the right path ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@SuperOniichan
I feel you. I had to literally laugh out loud about this though
But with this manga, I feel like a girl who is in love with a charismatic bastard.

As shitty, tropey and unreasonably violent or lewd manga is sometimes, it's still art, because it can sometimes make you feel in ways no other media can.

@justjorge
I dunno; I feel like sex of other characters is portrayed similarly as with Misora, but I agree that for the most part it is either portrayed as a joke or as a tragic backstory.

I am looking forward to more of the tournament arc, which will maybe give Indian math PhD massage girl a backstory and explain why exactly she offers a massage on a public toilet to a stranger, which evolves quickly into sex. But I am not really expecting much.

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn In fact, I love content that makes me feel emotional and think about something. This is not always a positive experience, of course, but this is what I consider to be real art. For example, this manga allowed me to better understand some of my feelings about various tropes, including how disingenuous, closeted, or insincere I was on a number of issues. Useful experience.

As for sex and Luna ... Well, we will have big spoilers about Luna, wait, but as for the first topic, here I basically agree with our interlocutor. Even if we take Beruko with that anal soccer pedophile, it mostly shows up pretty healthy without even a tiny fraction of what Misora gets in terms of manipulation or toxicity. Although they are both very dubious people and we were not shown how they met, their relationship is completely consent, they do not manipulate each other for sexual gratification and in fact even try to solve each other's emotional problems. I'm not even talking about the tomboy with the manager, their relationship is as healthy and wholesome (within this manga) as she is as a person.

Of course, all this makes the bisexual Sarah and Misora and the gay admirers of the latter look very losing in comparison. However, we shouldn't forget what genre we are talking about. Even with my negative attitude towards such tropes or Rui's supposed views on social issues, it's still a pretty boomer-ish ecchi manga. I might as well have complained about the lack of anti-violence messages in action shonen, lol.

So, all I have to do is follow the storyline and reflect on Rui's possible intentions and where they might lead the characters. Some of our theories have been confirmed or seem to have evolved in this direction (and some were even more weird than what I found for myself in raws), so the plot still holds my attention.

Dex-chan lover
@KreamPunk Well, the only thing that can justify this as a real dream is that this dude and his henchmen somehow mysteriously entered her brain while she was sleeping, lol. Yes, Rui gave us some hints that this guy might be the main antagonist of the whole manga, but I don't remember him having any magic whatsoever.

P.S. Because the main villain of this manga is hardly a virgin. Ah, I almost can resist such a silly pun!

Dex-chan lover
@KreamPunk That guy is some sort of Antagonist in Rui's other manga "Cynthia The Mission" https://mangadex.org/title/6461/cynthia-the-mission , in this one Rui introduces several shonen powers/fighting moves/tropes and mixes them all in how they interact with each other... to be real it's "all over the place" as it deals with separate storylines and such (in which this guy appears), and how they are managed it's very sudden & confusing at times... but the payoff is well done. That manga prepared me to what sort of gory, visual fights we would get in here (so much gore) and it deals with them almost as light-heartedly as Hagure does with it's "complicated" sexual themes. All in all give it a try, it's a small windup between releases.

Users who are viewing this thread