Hagure Ningyou no Diana - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
“assult”? And this font choice? I think you need a second pair of informed eyes before that ko-fi link.

Dex-chan lover
is...is no one gonna mention the fish feet? :questionblob:

well I am gonna mention the fish feet :questionblob:

I am confused about the fish feet :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, his Highness is a swell ruler, if you disregard the slavery.
No kidding. I don't know what the author was smoking when he thought that having a cutesy story be introduced by slavery and threats of grave abuse and death. She is literally depicted as a product, in a world everyone but the prince sees her as a product.

Personally, I am not vibing with that..

Banned
An Alpha type Shota-kun and who knows what is best in culture. That is a nice change of pace...

Dex-chan lover
What's even the point if she got legs.
If there ain't no fish tail, that shit's no mermaid!

Group Leader
“assult”? And this font choice? I think you need a second pair of informed eyes before that ko-fi link.
Yeah, you're right. I can't believe I dared to ask for support after making a misspell on my very first release.. I knew it wasn't perfect, and at the time, I knew nothing about typesetting and asked for any help or feedback to improve (I didn't get much). So, at the very least, make this comment on the more recent chapters ( i mean who goes around to the first release to complain, seriously..)

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, you're right. I can't believe I dared to ask for support after making a misspell on my very first release.. I knew it wasn't perfect, and at the time, I knew nothing about typesetting and asked for any help or feedback to improve (I didn't get much). So, at the very least, make this comment on the more recent chapters ( i mean who goes around to the first release to complain, seriously..)
Because I comment as I read, duh. This chapter is still up, it's fair game for criticism.

That first line made me believe you think doing scanlation is a way to make money or something, especially without investing in researching how to do competent editing. Back when I was a fledging typesetter, I asked around different groups and join IRC (the thing before Discord) to get some tips and find out where to learn more on how to do a decent job. Always research, even a simple "how to be a good manga typesetter" on Google yields results that would've get you a better idea. Do your diligent, reread the manga before posting to check for errors. Or don't, if money is your goal /shrug

Double-page supporter
was worried about the slave-wife setting and the shota-looking ML(?) on the cover, but strangely the fact that they're both idiots and interested in each other makes this sort of alright

Also, some of ya'll need to chill out about the scanlations. You are reading a manga (that you did not pay for), via someone's time and effort in scanning and translation (that you are not required to pay for, but would be nice if you did), on a website, whose registration, You Did Not Pay For.

Sure, quality and legibility are good things to strive for and are valid points of criticism, but at the end of the day no one owes you any translations, good or bad. So maybe let's try and be more respectful when giving criticism to people who upload these chapters at their own time and expense, and if the quality still offends the senses, just don't read it? (I would suggest just doing it yourself, but scanlating a manga does take a good bit of time and resources that not everyone has access to or is capable of, not to mention just getting the raw pages in the first place can be a hassle)

Fed-Kun's army
Also, some of ya'll need to chill out about the scanlations. You are reading a manga (that you did not pay for), via someone's time and effort in scanning and translation (that you are not required to pay for, but would be nice if you did), on a website, whose registration, You Did Not Pay For.

Sure, quality and legibility are good things to strive for and are valid points of criticism, but at the end of the day no one owes you any translations, good or bad. So maybe let's try and be more respectful when giving criticism to people who upload these chapters at their own time and expense, and if the quality still offends the senses, just don't read it? (I would suggest just doing it yourself, but scanlating a manga does take a good bit of time and resources that not everyone has access to or is capable of, not to mention just getting the raw pages in the first place can be a hassle)
This angle comes up time and time again whenever criticism is handed out. If the work is subpar, then it deserves criticism, nothing more nothing less. Being free, being paid, being force-fed, if it’s shit it deserves to be called out. Especially things that take moments to research and look up.

You can quite literally see the state of scanlation these days, a lot more people are clout/money chasing compared to the scene back in MD’s early years and batoto. It has been debunked again and again that free doesn’t equal lack of effort and quality. In fact, quality like this passing by nowadays proves a point that scanlation dips lower and lower every year, while the groundwork and effort tons of highly regarded scanlators left before are simply forgotten. We are regressing, and as a reader and a scanlator of older era it’s painful to see.

We still have good amount of scanlators, but I’m noticing a rise in low effort people who are like this person that got mad I pointed out their ko-fi. Are they translating this manga because it’s good and they love sharing it to the world? Or are they picking manga that could generate the most donations? Doing a low effort job to a good manga is a disservice, to say the least. I like the manga, so I made those comments, if I didn’t I won’t have bother complaining.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That creepy AI generated image with the hair merged with the ear is killing the mood between chapters. 🤮

Users who are viewing this thread