Haibara-kun no Tsuyokute Seishun New Game - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
I hate envy ((it's complicated)) high school riajuu so much it's unreal. :wtf:
I find it strange/amusing that this series manage to make childhood friend looks like secret final boss instead of losing heroine.:worry:

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how I feel about this, I do like it, but still, the way it just says "fuck you, you fat fuck, the way you lived was definitely wrong and you should feel bad to even thinking of living that way in the past." Is just kind of..... harsh?
Like, unless I read the situation wrong, it was basically saying, the brown hair girl don't even want to interact with you in the past because you're fat, but now that you're fit, she is blushing. Like damn bro, chill.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how I feel about this, I do like it, but still, the way it just says "fuck you, you fat fuck, the way you lived was definitely wrong and you should feel bad to even thinking of living that way in the past." Is just kind of..... harsh?
Like, unless I read the situation wrong, it was basically saying, the brown hair girl don't even want to interact with you in the past because you're fat, but now that you're fit, she is blushing. Like damn bro, chill.
That's just how things are.

And I wouldn't even say, "That's how things are in Japan," where they obsess over weight so much that I even know a girl who got rejected because she weighed 50kg instead of 40-45kg, and fat people are bullied in school, A LOT.

But that kind of thing happens just about... everywhere.

And I speak from experience because back in high school, I decided to hit the gym to lose weight and gain some muscle during one of my summer vacation. I wasn't super obese, but I wasn't thin either. And, holy shit, it made a whole world of difference when we returned to classes.

To the point where a few girls who wouldn't even talk to me suddenly became very friendly, and people outright said that they saw me in a better light.

Dex-chan lover
Won’t that be the same for the girls too?

It’s not as obvious in manga because all the girls are good looking (or faceless mob). But they also need to put effort into keeping their looks, perhaps even more because they know they're judged a lot by their looks. And they’re more social so can’t get to the mindset like male protagonist who think they’re okay because they won’t die just from having no social interaction.
Also not talking of the mythical “plain girl who is secretly a cutie”, that’s just ego fuel for male who wants to be the first and only to realise the secret treasure.

Also maybe why they’re demanding the best from the guys, because they know the good looks came with effort.
Meanwhile for the guys, we still often see narration over-glorifying “natural” girls who are pretty like model or idols without doing anything, not even needing any make up.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
That's just how things are.

And I wouldn't even say, "That's how things are in Japan," where they obsess over weight so much that I even know a girl who got rejected because she weighed 50kg instead of 40-45kg, and fat people are bullied in school, A LOT.

But that kind of thing happens just about... everywhere.

And I speak from experience because back in high school, I decided to hit the gym to lose weight and gain some muscle during one of my summer vacation. I wasn't super obese, but I wasn't thin either. And, holy shit, it made a whole world of difference when we returned to classes.

To the point where a few girls who wouldn't even talk to me suddenly became very friendly, and people outright said that they saw me in a better light.
Won’t that be the same for the girls too?

It’s not as obvious in manga because all the girls are good looking (or faceless mob). But they also need to put effort into keeping their looks, perhaps even more because they know they're judged a lot by their looks. And they’re more social so can’t get to the mindset like male protagonist who think they’re okay because they won’t die just from having no social interaction.
Also not talking of the mythical “plain girl who is secretly a cutie”, that’s just ego fuel for male who wants to be the first and only to realise the secret treasure.

Also maybe why they’re demanding the best from the guys, because they know the good looks came with effort.
Meanwhile for the guys, we still often see narration over-glorifying “natural” girls who are pretty like model or idols without doing anything, not even needing any make up.

Yup. I think like this, if you don't put some effort towards others, why should they put some effort towards you? Just taking a bit of care of my appearance made me understand how much effort others put into it. Sometimes too much yeah but don't just ignore that part of life and expect everyone to accept you into their life.

Fed-Kun's army
I hate envy ((it's complicated)) high school riajuu so much it's unreal. :wtf:
I find it strange/amusing that this series manage to make childhood friend looks like secret final boss instead of losing heroine.:worry:
Right, she does have the vibe

Users who are viewing this thread