Haiiro no Onmyouji - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Dragon and Trap

Dex-chan lover
Not a huge fan of these comedically villainous "good guys(?)" Like why is every exorcist in this world an asshole?
To be fair, if there was a species known to actively kill or eat humans 99.9% of the time, we would certainly try to clean them off the face of the Earth. Just because this special singular specimen exists doesn't suddenly invalidate the tendency for the rest of that species to kill us.

That said, since they're now dead set on becoming "Good (TM)", I'm just gonna assume that these were originally created by the omyoji to gain power. Or that they were originally buddy-buddy with omyojis and then got backstabbed by some omyoji ages ago. And, because they said that the parents weren't eaten but cremated, they're probably alive or were a part of an internal struggle to become friends with the monsters.

Contributor
Amazing read so far. I just hope it will stick to the premise and won't do the same thing as 99% of other exorcist/demon hunting series - joining monster hunting organization/school.

So far the biggest thing that differentiates it from competition is the fact that MC is a refugee of exorcist community, and other exorcists act as villains instead of "allies / asshole allies" like it is usually. Also the fact that both demons and exorcists are grey instead of being mostly good or evil.

Group Leader
So far the biggest thing that differentiates it from competition is the fact that MC is a refugee of exorcist community, and other exorcists act as villains instead of "allies / asshole allies" like it is usually.
Yeah, the name of the manga is literally "Gray Exorcist" so I hope he continues being an outcast and doesn't join back up with the other exorcists.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, if there was a species known to actively kill or eat humans 99.9% of the time, we would certainly try to clean them off the face of the Earth. Just because this special singular specimen exists doesn't suddenly invalidate the tendency for the rest of that species to kill us.

That said, since they're now dead set on becoming "Good (TM)", I'm just gonna assume that these were originally created by the omyoji to gain power. Or that they were originally buddy-buddy with omyojis and then got backstabbed by some omyoji ages ago. And, because they said that the parents weren't eaten but cremated, they're probably alive or were a part of an internal struggle to become friends with the monsters.
cause there are no species on earth that dont attack humans? doesnt mean the onmyouji need to be "i literally dont care if innocent people die" to catch the MC

Why does every manga like this have mentally unstable MFers as government officials? Like do they see an stupid amount of instability as a positive? WTF? This woman literally couldn't get out a factory job in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread