Haitatsu-saki no Onee-san ga Kowa Sugiru Hanashi - Ch. 11

jak

Contributor
I love her so much. She is so precious.

I've used the gaps between panels before to put a small watermark so it doesn't cover the manga and also can't just be chopped off
Yeah, but you're watermarking something that technically isn't yours.

Dex-chan lover
It's just credits. There is no point in drawing an arbitrary line once you're already committing copyright infringement. It doesn't get more or less infringed.
That statement isn't quite accurate. I'm not going to bore you to death with all the uppity legal talking, but remember trademark copyright laws are country specific and can vary quite a bit. Also, the translation itself is potentially protectable via authorial rights

Last edited:
Group Leader
"But suddenly she's back to her usual self!" N--no, that is a Hikune-ass transformation.

"Groups that remove credits are scum, but groups that put watermarks on their scanlations are worse than scum." - Kakashi Hatake, absolutely not a single time in his life
Doesn't kakashi read manga? maybe it's possible.

Group Leader
I would be "too western" to stay in a room like that with a girl and do nothing :meguu:

zAmcCvA.png
it looks so cosy

Dex-chan lover
That statement isn't quite accurate. I'm not going to bore you to death with all the uppity legal talking, but remember trademark laws are country specific and can vary quite a bit. Also, the translation itself is potentially protectable via authorial rights
Trademark protects a sign or phrase that represents a service or product. You mean copyright. Anyway, you still lack the right to distribute it. Many groups are pirating their raws too. Far too many shady things are happening to get a translated chapter up online to worry about the morality of putting your name in the white space of the first page.

Dex-chan lover
Trademark protects a sign or phrase that represents a service or product. You mean copyright. Anyway, you still lack the right to distribute it. Many groups are pirating their raws too. Far too many shady things are happening to get a translated chapter up online to worry about the morality of putting your name in the white space of the first page.
Good catch, I'll fix it, thanks! And good points too :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Just get married and start a family
From Fuwari's fan to Fuwari's mane-chan? Sounds like a win-win. He gets to quit doing delivery and she gets someone to help on communication part. (On the other hand, this sounds like toxic dependency between the two though...)

Power Uploader
"But suddenly she's back to her usual self!" N--no, that is a Hikune-ass transformation.

"Groups that remove credits are scum, but groups that put watermarks on their scanlations are worse than scum." - Kakashi Hatake, absolutely not a single time in his life
they're not just removing. they are replacing the credit with theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread