Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1330 - The Night Before the Decisive Battle

Dpk

I've been reading this forever, even though I have no idea why anymore. Takamura is the only compelling character and he's literally just an asshole. Ippo's washed up but I'm sure in another 500 chapters they will have him start boxing again.

I read this because I have been forever, but christ, I feel like eventually we are gonna be reading about Ippo's kids boxing

@Dpk There is so much foreshadowing, the prayers are probably for the coach to see his dream. But cause of it, for me, it feels as Takamura will lose/gets injured, which will put the coach into a deep spot. If then Ippo is there with Takamura, then even if he already gave up on him, Ippo seeing his despair, will probably pick up the baton and resume his carrier. If not, then I already accepted that Ippo will never return to the ring.

Dex-chan lover
I have always stated that for Ippo to return to boxing, something pretty... tragic... must happen. Maybe not in the "death" tragic, but something that really shakes him.
Ippo is really worried for his mother, so half assed motivations won't do

Something must happen, either injury, retirement or death, to one of his "close" people. Takamura, Sendo or Miyata.
Alternatively, to the coach. But I don't believe that as Ippo needs the coach.

Dex-chan lover
I think there are gonna be two triggers to push Ippo back into the ring - Firstly, his students are gonna debut and he's gonna go overboard pushing them into a match. He'll put too much pressure on them and they'll lose, and he'll wonder why he felt so passionate about wanting THEM to win, when he often feels dispassionate about seizing glory himself? And that will make him finally realize what Takamura already knows - that you do it for your coach. Now that he sees how it feels to watch your promising pupil have a shot and fail, Ippo will realize how Kamogawa feels, and why Takamura is in a hurry to win those belts before the old man croaks.

Secondly, I think Ricardo beats Sendou into retirement, and that fires up Ippo a bit. But then, Miyata is the one who eventually beats Ricardo. Faced with his ultimate destined rival, holding the greatest championship of them all, after defeating that insurmountable wall, Ippo will finally see his goal.

...at least, that's how I'd write it. hardly a solid prediction here, I'm basically in fan-fic mode :p

Dex-chan lover
@pdonk miyata beating ricardo and then fighting ippo to defend the belt is one of my predictions, but the other one is miyata losing, and then ippo winning the belt from ricardo and then defending from miyata, because miyata will only activate 100% of his power when he is fighting his boyfriend ippo-kun

Fed-Kun's army
@pdonk After how much Ricardo has been built up, and the tremendous amount of narrative that would accompany a Ricardo-Ippo fight, I would be very disappointed if it never materialized

Users who are viewing this thread