Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1431 - The Grim Reaper's Dream

Dex-chan lover
Bro. We know who it is. He used the Dempsey Roll. He trained to fight on his pivot foot. Watch. This will be a learning experience for Ippo. He will be fighting like Mike Tyson or Marvin Haggler.

Edit. Count on this comment. I'm making my prediction. Calling out that shit.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
ippo is the one that fits that but lets see how this turns out

Dex-chan lover
Now I know it's the 2000s because this was indicated in an earlier chapter but for mashiba to have a flatscreen plasma kind of takes me out of the progression of time.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone forgetting that Ippo's not a southpaw? Sure he might have some insight about them now but it's not like he'll be able to properly emulate one without a ton of practice.
That is what I thought, maybe they will give up on the southpaw part or get Itagaki's rival (I forgot his name) or Takamura could whipped his ass as he did with Sendo. Idk at this point

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I should stop reading this for three-five years and come back to a bunch of chapters...maybe Ippo will almost be back by then?

Now I know it's the 2000s because this was indicated in an earlier chapter but for mashiba to have a flatscreen plasma kind of takes me out of the progression of time.
I thought they were still in the 90s. Like 97 or 98. When Mashiba said he was alone again I was like, remember Kamina! But that anime hadn't come out yet in their era.

Dex-chan lover
We saw them mention south paw and in fighter, I do believe we have seems such before vs Ippo :p or hmmm... doubt it is Keichi, or Randy Boy... Ippo and Sendo have both mimicked Southpaw, but aren't naturals. But both Sendo and Mashiba here need sparring partners so maybe they will be each others'?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ippo's not a south paw. He only used southpaw style ONCE, and that was in like his 1st or 2nd fight when he got a cut above his eye. Other than that? Yeah, he's never used southpaw style... there's no way he could use it at a high enough level to actually help Mashiba here, so it's gotta be someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread