Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1442 - Where the Flames Go

Dex-chan lover
Actually all this it isn't filler to begin with... if it is the original making this way is official and cannon. Anything outside of mangaka story yes is filler. So if they animate this and add extra stuff that isn't on the manga then will be filler.

Like Big_Boss said just enjoy the ride, it is part of the adventure, can't be all just fight, train, fight, train, there is also the part of character growth e socialize. Although I understand the frustration. He keep teasing us and he might die even before the manga finish or having Ippo back to action xD
Something can be filler (something that is added to a product to increase its size) without being filler (non-canon work added beyond authorial intent).

It's a floating timeline now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline

The actual time period the story takes place in has never been super important so I think it's fine.
Disagreed on the time period, and every case I've ever seen where a floating timeline was implemented after the fact (rather than be the basis of the writing from the beginning) the story has gone down hill hard. Please, George, don't disappoint.

Dex-chan lover
Actually all this it isn't filler to begin with... if it is the original making this way is official and cannon. Anything outside of mangaka story yes is filler. So if they animate this and add extra stuff that isn't on the manga then will be filler.

Like Big_Boss said just enjoy the ride, it is part of the adventure, can't be all just fight, train, fight, train, there is also the part of character growth e socialize. Although I understand the frustration. He keep teasing us and he might die even before the manga finish or having Ippo back to action xD
Filler can simply mean unimportant parts that are there just to fill a quota, so in that sense this definitely is filler. You're not doing yourself any favours by unironically starting your comment with "actually", and then being wrong.

Having said that, I don't mind chapters like these. They flesh out the world a bit, and comedy has always been a big part of this manga's appeal. I could do without the twitter nonsense tho...

Double-page supporter
Mr. Olympia physique, I'm mirin brah
Data analysis: Aoki's lackeys; two students that hang around the gym a lot.

Guys hanging with Takamura: Itagaki's dad and a hobo that frequents the usual boxing hall. Takamura hangs out with both occasionally, but never together before.
I thought they were under Ippo
what random characters? everybody in this chapter has been in the story
It would be cool if Morikawa brought back Ippo's bullies again
At this pace Ippo is gonna come back when i'm 50. I know it's a journey but the dated penis humor is not really funny to me.
People calling it a journey are just zooted out on copium.

Users who are viewing this thread