Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1453 - Just As You See

Dex-chan lover
Great start. I've always loved how Mashiba's fights always end up really technical at the beginning.
You know the fights so real shit when Takamura doesn't have anything goofy to say either lmao, but break next week tho you breaking my balls man lmao.

Dex-chan lover
So far Rosario's technique seems to be using his back leg to catapult himself and mostly use his shoulder as the tip of the spear.

Is that like his standard style? or is it going to build to an anti-Mashiba tactic?

Dex-chan lover
sometime i do wish they give more fight for sawamura instead on making him retire early

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Toriyama's death had an effect on Morikawa. Like for him to take care of his health better now that hes pushing 60. More breaks and and maybe shorter chapters. Nothing wrong with that since its unreasonable to expect him to pump out as much as younger mangaka, just hope he manages to finish before he reaches his twilight years
I think it would be best to go bi weekly for him with always 20 pages each chapter instead. Yes, this time he did a full chapter but we often had a 9 page chapter which is clearly alarming (and also not satisfying for us) Better take your time and produce complete chapters with better health.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Toriyama's death had an effect on Morikawa. Like for him to take care of his health better now that hes pushing 60. More breaks and and maybe shorter chapters. Nothing wrong with that since its unreasonable to expect him to pump out as much as younger mangaka, just hope he manages to finish before he reaches his twilight years
To be fair, Toriyama died of acute subdural hematoma, so it's not really something that age affects the rate of.

In other news, this fight is hellaciously good right out the gate! Really solid pacing and panelling, he's 1005 right to say it's a world title match. Glad that the champ isn't a chump.

I did bitch about 9 pages last time, but I'm way more nerved out by slow moving, penny-squeezing story.

Users who are viewing this thread