Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1460 - The Devil's Range

Dex-chan lover
I'm still waiting for some cheating, so just seeing pure boxing is hype enough to keep me on edge.

Ima be honest, the way the shot was framed it seemed like Rosaria back handed Mashiba as he dove in but apparently we're playing it straight and it was just a hook.

Side note, I find it kind of adorable that Mashiba and Ippo are actually getting along shockingly well despite Mashiba's obvious disdain for him. Like he genuinely is taking Ippo's advice and realizes he was downed when Ippo gestures for him to stand up. Hell the success he had at the start of this match was due to Ippo learning how to box Southpaw and sparring with him.

I could see part of this arc being Mashiba reluctantly acknowledging that he appreciates Ippo and has a begrudging respect for him even if he still won't let him fuck his sister.

Dex-chan lover
So Rosario gets multiple clean hits on the head and is ok but Mashiba gets one and takes heavy damage? I don't mind the fights to be a bit exaggerated since it's a manga but then do it evenly on both sides.

Mashiba is an out-fighter while Rosario is a in-fighter. He would obviously be a bit sturdier because of that. Additionally, Rosario was getting pummeled while squared up and expecting a frontal confrontation but Mashiba was hit with a counter from out of his field of vision that he wasn't expecting so he wasn't bracing for anything at all.

The series has been pretty consistent that counters = MASSIVE DAMAGE so it isn't like this is out of no where.

Dex-chan lover
The "GET YO HANDS OFFA MAH SISTER" thing is getting repetitive. Second time this match..

Double-page supporter
Mashiba is an out-fighter while Rosario is a in-fighter. He would obviously be a bit sturdier because of that. Additionally, Rosario was getting pummeled while squared up and expecting a frontal confrontation but Mashiba was hit with a counter from out of his field of vision that he wasn't expecting so he wasn't bracing for anything at all.

The series has been pretty consistent that counters = MASSIVE DAMAGE so it isn't like this is out of no where
One of the main characters?(Miayata) Is a glass cannon built around winning with counters.

I don't have the best memory, but I feels like people don't even care to remember what this story has built up. And if you don't care why bother investing any time reading this?(Or other things)

Dex-chan lover
Ima be honest, the way the shot was framed it seemed like Rosaria back handed Mashiba as he dove in but apparently we're playing it straight and it was just a hook.

Side note, I find it kind of adorable that Mashiba and Ippo are actually getting along shockingly well despite Mashiba's obvious disdain for him. Like he genuinely is taking Ippo's advice and realizes he was downed when Ippo gestures for him to stand up. Hell the success he had at the start of this match was due to Ippo learning how to box Southpaw and sparring with him.

I could see part of this arc being Mashiba reluctantly acknowledging that he appreciates Ippo and has a begrudging respect for him even if he still won't let him fuck his sister.
I came here to comment that, It looks like a back-handed strike. I actually would like it more if it was a back-handed strike.

Users who are viewing this thread