Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1465 - Left Eye

Dex-chan lover
the manga really doesn't actually care about the rules of boxing, they're just occasional plot points that get applied when the author feels like it, like when he wants the readers to dislike a character
That's just the whole story at this point, things go as George feels like and by now I am convinced he does not give a fuck anymore.
I keep reading it longing for it to get better like it was, but It never does and it never will. These days It hit me that it must be nostalgia to think that this series was ever good, then I did read the first hundred or so chapters and It was really good...

Fed-Kun's army
Dirty boxers exist; Pacquiao was notorious for rabbit punches, headbutts, etc when he was younger but eventually reined it, hard when they're good enough to make it look like an accident

Edit:
Evander Holyfield was notorious for headbutts; in his fight with the Tyson, he was headbutting and low blowing him constantly, which led to Tyson snapping and biting his ear in revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions:
  • p6 that blood will be a river it'll be a doctor stop. -> that blood will be a river. It'll be a doctor stop.
  • p10 Thte round -> The round
  • p11 And elbow -> An elbow

Oh no! Mashiba's 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂 demon is wake! I sure hope he doesnt do any 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂 things to Rosário!

Dex-chan lover
Technically this fight is moving along extremely quickly but FUCK this is one of the most stressful fights so far. Legit the feeling of wanting redemption for Mashiba’s past wrongs has me invested on a different level.

Dex-chan lover
Dirty boxers exist; Pacquiao was notorious for rabbit punches, headbutts, etc when he was younger but eventually reined it, hard when they're good enough to make it look like an accident

Edit:
Evander Holyfield was notorious for headbutts; in his fight with the Tyson, he was headbutting and low blowing him constantly, which led to Tyson snapping and biting his ear in revenge.
This whole fight reads like Tyson v Holyfield 2 with how barnacle head keeps mixing headbutts into low-blows and body punches and now with Mashiba loosing his cool.
Oh also him pulling a gun on his manager reminds me of James Toney.

Dex-chan lover
This is a bit of a retread with the "Mashiba basically fights himself" plot, but it's a different Mashiba now, on a different stage. I do kind of want him to mercilessly pummel Rosario, but I want it to be a technical beatdown that methodically takes him apart, not the dirty brawl, or full restraint he's usually going for.
Yeah, what’s going on with him internally feels like a lot of people who had to deal with anger management issues (or other forms of emotionally charged behavior)go through on a regular basis. It’s so freaking TEMPTING to to just let go and allow old habits to resurface. Especially when you’re put in a position where unfair shit is being constantly thrown your way. I guess for Mashiba the meaning being strong is going to be winning against yourself? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread