Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1468 - Proof

Dex-chan lover
Mashiba better thank the crowd at the end of the fight. Can’t help but to think that he wouldn’t have been able to keep a cool head had this been an away or neutral venue.
Now that you said that, how come this is a home match when the challenger is him? How does that work?

Dex-chan lover
Now that you said that, how come this is a home match when the challenger is him? How does that work?
I can’t claim I know much about the set up of boxing matches, but I would guess it has to do with the finances. For instance, one side could negotiate a home match in exchange for the other side getting a bigger cut irrespective of the result.
It’s also possible they choose whichever may get the bigger audience/hype cause it’ll also net more money in the end.

Other reasons could be because the author just wanted it that way of course. /shrug

Dex-chan lover
I can’t claim I know much about the set up of boxing matches, but I would guess it has to do with the finances. For instance, one side could negotiate a home match in exchange for the other side getting a bigger cut irrespective of the result.
It’s also possible they choose whichever may get the bigger audience/hype cause it’ll also net more money in the end.
Money is likely to be the main reason, champion seems to come from a poor country.

Users who are viewing this thread