Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Ch. 1471 - Lightning Strike

Dex-chan lover
doubt-about-mahjong-from-kaiji-part-3-v0-t57mzbvs9o1b1.png

He would break this dudes neck if he saw how Ippo and his sister were holding hands

Because Rosario is a boring opponent, it's more or less certain Mashiba will win, we've been getting chapters with very few pages for a while now and this is at most Morikawa wrapping Mashiba's story, and i'm not sure this Mashiba becoming world champion arc really adds anything other than maybe Mashiba accepting Ippo's relationship with Kumi, at least it should've been shorter. We got a Ippo x Mashiba spar that was fun, but that's it.

I'm not saying Woli's fight wasn't worse, but i've been following this manga for 15 years now and this is the first fight that i am struggling to care even a little bit about.
mashiba isn't allowed to win
he has to lose so ippo has a reason to come back
only question is how badly he gets hurt

Ank

Double-page supporter
7pages chapter cmon this is getting ridicoulous Last chapter, this chapter and next chapter barely make a full chapter story wise.

Dex-chan lover
I'm finding myself rooting for Rosario a bit if not to give Mashiba a fight where he can grow further. I think we still have a decent amount of the fight left at this rate even if Mashiba is looking good right now.

35 years tho goddamn keep it up Morikawa you've got a fan for life here.

Dex-chan lover
What if morikawa just has mashiba die in the next chapter? Would that be even possible? I think it would had peak shock value.

Users who are viewing this thread