Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 129 Ch. 1305 - The Courageous Tiger

Dex-chan lover
betting their lives in a match, damn, that's something I could never understand but that's damn crazy hot to read 😁

Dex-chan lover
Alf: "Wow, he doesn't even care if I counter!"

Literally Sendo: "Hurry up and fucking counter me, asshole!"

I hope this will not become "Date Eiji vs Ricardo Martinez 2.0". Sendo must knock him down with a left smash.

If some boxer hits your forehead hard enough to break his hand, I don't care who you are, your noggin's feeling it.

This is why I always reccomend Hajime no Ippo, sure it has it's bad, boring moments but at it's best it's pure adrenaline the manga. I don't even know who's going to win in any fight anymore because of how each person is built up to be a winner in their own right. Like 95% of each boxer we are introduced is their own protagonist instead of antagonist and you can't help but be attached.

Damn though Sendo has become flags personified in this fight, it's like he's begging to be axed 😂

Fed-Kun's army
tusks -> fangs (sendo isn't a sabretooth tiger afaik)

The cross translation is rough, but it's more minor spelling mistakes than the awful, stilted language that usually comes from quick jobs like this (there were only a couple of lines I'd give a rating of "oof"). Got close to Sendo's voice, anyway: rough, street-wise... basically an inner city punk personality. Cheers to that.

> dis fite doe
lol Martinez-Date II. This won't even come close to that atmosphere. Sendo is literally in there just to test Alf. He isn't hellbent on necessarily winning. If anything, he walked into the ring with morbid curiosity, rather than hunger for vengeance or to earn title fight rights.

That said, this is one of the better fights for sure -- Morikawa can still write a Rocky-style fight, and this slugfest beats out the previous cards for sure (which were mostly mudslinging fights... Morikawa, please give Itagaki a chance to be pro!).

Dex-chan lover
Did Morikawa switch to digital drawing? Something feels different. Or is it the scans?

Dex-chan lover
Is Sendo about to pull another Shigeta? Alfredo is clearly afraid of Sendo, he hasn't countered him because he fears that much his punches. Unless Sendo's fists get destroyed or Alfredo gets some unexpected courage from his pocket to put down Sendo for good, Alfredo will lose because of accumulated damage, his body is already failing him, and all that brain bouncing can't be good.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Sendo does win...if he doesn't, then it basically means that he always fails whenever something truly tough comes along. If he does win and then loses against the world champ, then it could motivate Ippo to get his ass back in the ring to avenge Sendo. But if Sendo loses here...then both Ippo and Sendo will have lost to this inferior-to-Ricardo guy, so there's little motivation to continue working other than "He was stronger than me so he beat me, so I have to get stronger to redeem myself!"

Users who are viewing this thread