Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 130 Ch. 1314 - Somebody, Please...

well i didn't expect that. i was sure he was going to lose because he underestimated his opponent or wanted to please the crowd. But i'm curious why doesn't he try to challenge opponent from a higher weight

Dex-chan lover
i liked this guy better when he didn't talk and we didn't know what he was thinking. if he;s so fucking lonely just move his ass up to the next weightclass

@ghostkun and @AHunter could be he has been chasing the other champions but I really see why they avoid him like hell. Billy was the WBC champion and he basically got blown out. Pretty sure the IBF and WBO champions will be blown out also, unless Ippo or Sendo wins those other three belts i doubt they will challenge Ricardo.

Going up in weight will be interesting though, maybe should have done so sooner when he was younger.

Double-page supporter
@ghostkun

Not everyone can. Don't talk like it's like flipping a switch. Plenty of people can't go up or down, they've got one class and that's it, and even if they can change their body enough to go into the next class, they can't fight in it.

It's not a lack of skill, just that's what they're made for. Going into another class that you don't have the capability to fight in is just suicide. Not a challenge.

Ricardo's at the peak - he wants to find a higher peak to climb to. He doesn't want to be the champion, he wants to always have someone above him to climb over, time and time again, getting stronger and better each time to pull down another champion and go after the next.

"The sky beyond the sky."

Takamura isn't changing weight classes as he sees fit, he's just returning to his natural weight class because in Japan there wasn't anyone as big as him. Miyata went to a lighter weight class and you can see how it's turning out for him - his body can't keep it up. Ricardo simply is in his natural habitat, going to a different weight class would be ridiculous.

@Kayriel
Put it simply, Ricardo is Goku who doesn't have a rival anymore as he becomes the strongest in multiverse, while Ippo is Vegeta who gave up on surpassing Kakarot or anyone for that matter.

Fed-Kun's army
There's no need for him to change weightclass, he's a man not a car, changing weightclass would be going beyond his body limitations and fight at a disadvantage, he's simply up on a peak so much above everyone else that there's no competition, and he can't tell how far above everyone he's sitting, he can't measure his strenght, because everyone is an easy win
So, is he really very strong, but how strong ? Or is everyone simply weak ? He wants to face a challenge where he'd give his all

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Dex-chan lover
I like how Ricardo pretty much acts like a kid that can't get the toy he really wants while boxing

Double-page supporter
I think somebody said he become a champion when he had 24 wins as record.

This is probably 70 of them by now. No wonder why he feel like this.

Dex-chan lover
@cache_bag until this moment Ippo has only seen the world of the best boxers as a world of gods or monsters, by the way Takamura showed it. But now Ippo has seen another face of that world. In Takamura's fights he has fought people of equal strength and talent, while Ricardo is the first one he sees like that.

All what Ippo has been observing since his retirement are different perspectives and realities, he is slowly coming to peace that the world of boxing goes well beyond a syndrome like the one he believes he has.

Users who are viewing this thread