Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 140 Ch. 1441 - Itagaki's Blowing Up!

Dex-chan lover
told yall old man Morikawa was cheesing it and just doing the minimum
Well I guess he just dropped the ball. Maybe his editor thought they can't jump the shark and get cancelled at this point. Or maybe that's their objective? Either way they win, too big to fail?

Aggregator gang
If anyone of you knows about irl boxing well, a certain guy called Shakur has uh, not been doing well on Twitter. This seems hilariously timed.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was accurately written but it still feels very "how do you do fellow kids".

I also just can't reconcile it with the era considering that Sendo mentioned buying an SNES in earlier chapters (I know a few years have passed since then but still).
Might be publisher pressure, they might feel the manga is getting harder to relate to perhaps with the time gap? In any case it's jarring af.

Double-page supporter
I bet its Takamura lol

I came here to say exactly that lol, mukky is definitely takamura

Also yeah I'm just as unhappy with HnI suddenly switching to a floating timeline as most of you (since it was incredibly consistent up until super recently), but whatever, maybe Morikawa thought of a good way to finally move the plot forward via the internet. It's been teased so much, we all just want Ippo to hurry up and unretire and maybe him beating the shit out of mashiba will finally be the spark that makes everyone convince him to do it.

Dex-chan lover
this is bullshit! i love the 90s vibe but now its a mess, first smart phone now twitter ?
cmon morikawa you are better than that.
Looks like Morikawa is using a floating timeline for this manga. Like Baki's author.

Double-page supporter
I'm pretty sure this is about manga authors being required to reveal their faces, and Morikawa doesn't like it. I mean, the whole anonymity thing seems like a pretty dead give away.

Idk I don't think its such a big deal with the tech upgrade. It was a pretty abrupt addition so that can definitely be jarring but at the end of the day who cares as long as it doesnt effect the story too much

We finally see Aoki's trainees back after hundreds of chapters and they've upgraded their notebook for a computer :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread