Hajime no Ippo - Vol. 126 Ch. 1264 - The Sandbag's Silent Sway

Fed-Kun's army
Kamogawa: "Are you sure that your defeat was unavoidable? Maybe if you had had more oxigen in your muscles......"

Dex-chan lover
Huh. A Takamura fight. I'm guessing this is going to be another brief bout, albeit with either emphasizing the left and inspiring Ippo, or his eye acting up.

Dex-chan lover
@ghostkun I believe it's more to described the thing that Ippo "really" lack. The drive to be a monster, the drive of discarding everything you know, everything that shackles you, for the sole purpose of boxing.
Live, Sleep, Train, Dream Boxing.
When he settles what is what diferentiates him with the monsters, will Ippo once again try to find out "what is being strong?"

Ippo is a little Mike Tyson, defeat is really sure for him. Every boxer who like to jab and move gonna be hell for him.

Dex-chan lover
You know, it's the trainers duty to protect and nuture their boxer, i've been re-reading chapters for a while now and what honestly caused ippo's down fall was that kamogawa is a shit trainer.

I really really want ippo to make a comeback but i dont know how can morikawa do it without making it look like an asspull.

I'm really looking forward to the takamura figth, will we see taka drestroy him in less than a minute like the last dude or will get joshua-ruiz upset, that would actually be an interesting scenario.

Being honest the focus that the manga gave on the Dempsey roll turned out to be boring after so long. From the beginning it is said that Ippo had a heavy punch, which could finish his opponents easily, but after he learned the dempsey roll he used it all the time. It got very repetitive. An adversary found a weakness and he improved, and so on. I always hoped for him to let the dempsey roll aside and just fight like the others characters.

Dex-chan lover
Blatantly giving them animal-based last names, huh.

If Ippo is going to stay retired then I'm not sure if this will keep my interest. I've been reading it for 20 years now, at the very least I want to know the end.
All signs point to him returning, it just feels like it's taking a while. I bet his return will be something similar to him volunteering to fill in for someone elses fight for whatever reason. He still does most of his routine to stay sharp even after retiring.
Meh, we'll see. May just be wishful thinking.

Dex-chan lover
soooo ippo is close to coming back but what im guess is once his hair fully grows back he's gonna box again sooo we got a good while to go before he starts boxing again unless we get more time skips like this but well at least between now and he gets his hair back completely we'll get a lot more story with all the other fighters for now

so yeah but god am i looking forward to ippo coming back but it just aint gonna happen till his hair grows back im sure least thats what its looking like for me so for now just enjoy all the other characters till then

Dex-chan lover
There's more to it than just Ippo's left and charging in blindly. Let's be honest here guys. Even if he wasn't relying on the Dempsey roll and was sticking to Orthadox boxing I think we can all agree he still would have lost. His mindset is not strong enough for the world stage. Until it changes, understands the significance of the Baton he'd been past, and starts doing this for himself he will always face failure

Oh, Kamogawa. You were so close to great wisdom. Or did you hold it back for Ippo to figure this one out himself?

Power Uploader
"No man is more alone than a boxer". Some serious Tomorrow's joe stuff going on lately for Ippo

Users who are viewing this thread